Chapter 1: The journey Begins

Ha!" A young black and crimson hedgehog yells in victory as he strikes a sack of hay. "Have at thee!" He yells once more. He jumps and slices the sack with a wooden sword made from a tree. "You cannot defeat me!" He climbs to the top of a pile of boxes. "I am a knight of the mighty King Arthur!" He yells as he jumps from the boxes to strike the dummy. "Lancelot?" He hears a familiar and unexpected voice call for him from outside the barn. This throws him off guard and he missed the fake enemy. "Whoa!" He screams as he lands onto a hay pile, sending hay everywhere in the barn.

"Lancelot!" The voice calls again in fear. An old hedgehog comes from outside into the old barn. "Is thou alright?!" "I am alright Grandmother." Lancelot answers her. When she sees him, he is upside down in a pile of hay. Covered in dirt and straw. "Oh goodness, again child?" She asks with a sigh and a smile. "I have to train Grandmother! If not, how will I become a knight?" Lancelot answers as he sits himself up right. "Oh child, is thou sure you want to become a knight?" She begins to ask once more. Lancelot has heard this conversation ever since he wanted to become a knight. "Grandmother! I do not want to be a crop farmer my whole life! That is not what I want to do! I want adventure!" He says as she sits next to him. She begins to pick hay and straw out of his fur and quills.

"I know." She says with another sigh. "Thou is just like your father." She says. When she is done, she embrases her grandson tightly. "Thou leaves in the morrow, time for dinner." She says as they both stand and walk into the small house next to the barn.