Chapter 2: Cries for Help

Take this," his grandmother begins. She hands him a small leather bag. "This will hopefully be enough to last you a few days." She says. "Grandmother, thou needs this money!" Lancelot insists her to keep the money, but she refuses.  "Thou wants to become a knight, and a knight thou shalt be!" She says with a grin. Lancelot hugs her one last time. "I will miss you." "I will too." Lancelot slowly lets go and mounts his horse. "Let's go Omega." He says and his horse begins to gallop to the castle.

The journey to the castle is long and tiresome. Some fear bandits and others fear the wild animals that roam the woods. Lancelot was one of the few to bear a prideful smile when he rode into the dangerous woods. The trees seemed as if they were taller than the highest point in the castle. Omega began to slow down a tad. Lancelot noticed this and tried to comfort the old horse. "Calm down friend. All will be well." The horse neighed quietly and continued to walk. Lancelot stared at his surroundings. Only trees were visible wwfor as far as the eye could see. Crows clawed and wolves howled in the distance. He tightened his grip on the reins. He was prepared to command the old horse to run. All of a sudden, to deep in the woods to possibly be inhabited by a single person, there is a loud scream. The scream startled Lancelot and Omega. The horse began to slightly jump around. "Whoa! Easy boy!" Lancelot tried to calm Omega down once more. "It was probably nothing." He said. "Let go of me!" A voice yelled in the distance. Lancelot realized that this person needed help. "Omega! Follow that voice!" He yelled. "Hya!" Omega sped up and followed the cries for help.