Chapter 3: An Unusual Introduction

The loud cries and yells were getting louder. "Faster Omega!" Lancelot yelled at him. Omega started run as fast as a speeding hawk. Lancelot could see figures struggling and moving from behind the bushes. Lancelot quickly but quietly unmounted Onega and rushed to the bushes for safety. He moved the bushes slightly to see what was going on. There he saw three men. They were all huddled together and chuckled and laughed. "Grrrrr. Give me my things back! Thou is in for a lot of trouble!" The voice from earlier called from the side. A young female bat. She wore normal peasant clothes. Her aqua eyes blazed with fury. "Well what does thou think Termain? Should thee and I untie this little thief or what?" One bandit says. "Not until Porky finds something of value." The other bandit snickered. "Nothing in 'ere boss!" The one named Porky reported. He threw a saddle bag that he held to the ground. "Just food and a mask." "Gimme that!" The boss said as he grabbed the mask from the bag. He smirked. Lancelot tried to look at the mask also without being spotted but it was to far away for a clear look. The boss smirked.

"Well, well, well." He walked toward the bat. "Looks like we have a fellow thief with us here boys!" He chuckled and squatted down next to her. "Thief?!" Lancelot was a little surprised. No one would ever expect a woman to be a thief. "And it is the infamous 'Jewelry Jim!'" The boss said as he threw the mask on the ground in front of her. "I guess now we know she's really 'Jewelry Jen' huh boss?" Porky giggled. Lancelot had heard of this certain thief. The stories and rumors state that Jewlery Jim strikes in the cover of darkness. He steals the jewelry if those stubborn enough to go out at night.

"Listen here thou horrible excuses for a proper thief!" The bat snapped back. Lancelot was surprised that she hadthe bother to snap at them. No ladies that he knew of had such a sharp tongue. The boss pulled a dagger from his side. This was going to far. Unknowingly, Lancelot jumped up from behind the bushes and yelled, "You there!" Everyone turned to face him. A questioned look covered their faces. Porky chuckled. "Whose this bloated cow?!" "Get 'em!" The boss yelled. Porky and Termain rushed over to Lancelot. Before they could grab him, Lancelot jumped up out of the way.  While the 2 bumbling thieves crashed into each other and were distracted. The bat kicked the boss while he wasn't looking. "Over here!" She called to Lancelot. He rushed to her side and began to untie her. "Use this!" She used her foot to slide the dagger the boss held in his hand. "I take it thou has been in this situation before?" Lancelot grabbed the dagger and cut the rope with a single swipe. The bat stood up and stretched. "Once or twice." "Why you little wench!" The boss shook his face and side kicked her legs. Quickly sweeping her off of her feet. She landed with a thunk. Lancelot gripped the small dagger.