Chapter 5

I took a deep breath once I saw the safe house. I hope someone is home. I looked back at Misty. She had lost the fear in her eyes, and now they were filled with curiosity. We got off the horses and walked to the door to the safe house. I gave the secret knock on the door (Three short knocks and a claw mark on the door), and prayed someone would answer. The slit on the top of the door opened to reveal a pair of light red colored eyes.

"Who dares to enter the demon's house?" The voice rasped.

"The Son of Titan and the Daughter of an Angel," I reported back.

"The Son of Titan may enter but the angel must stay outside," stated the voice.

"The angel comes with me," I replied. The red colored eyes rolled in annoyance but the door creaked open to reveal a red and black German Shepherd.

"Welcome home, Son of Titan and welcome to the demon's home Daughter of an Angel," said Demonai bowing his head down in respect. I bowed my head back and let Misty go in front of me. We stepped in the house and the door shut and locked behind us. All eyes were on us as we stepped into the house's main room.

"Welcome back S, where have you been these past few weeks?" asked a white and green wolf-husky mix named Toxic.

"Running from the dogs on the angel's side of the border," I replied. Toxic's eyes grew double the size they were as he stared at me.

"You went to the angels to avoid the dogs?" Toxic choked.

"Yea, and while I was there I met Misty who might have just changed me for the better," I answered looking toward Misty. Toxic looked at Misty and Tiger, and grinned.

"Well, since the leader says your welcome here then I guess I can't say anything. I'm Steal's second in command and I run this place while he's not here," Toxic stated. Misty smiled back at him while Tiger just looked pissed.

"Nice to meet you," She said to him. Toxic nodded in response.

"I'm going to go see the rest of the gang. Misty you should come and meet everyone," I stated.

Misty's POV

I nodded my head in response and got up from the chair I had been sitting in. Steal took my hand and guided me down the hallway. I heard different noises coming from the hall ranging from laughter to growls. I looked back at Steal and his eyes glowed with happiness. He poked his head in one room and then guided me in.

"Twins!" He hollered. Two heads looked in our direction and both broke out into grins. They didn't look like twins. One was a black German Shepherd and had a white pinstripe down his back with dusty, yellow eyes and bullet holes in his left ear. The other was a honeybee yellow golden retriever- wolf mix  with white patches on his fur and had light green eyes.

"Misty, meet Prince and Royale," Steal said motioning to the black one and then the yellow. I smiled in greeting and they smiled back.

"They call us the explosive twins. So if you hear a loud noise it's probably us blowing something up," stated Prince. I laughed at the statement. These two seemed like good guys.

"Why do you have earrings hanging from the bullet holes in your ear?"  I asked. Prince laughed before answering.

"The bullet holes were a gift from my father before he drove me out of the house. I hang earrings from them because a. it looks cool and b. it shows people that I make the better out of what happened to me in the past," He replied.