Chapter 33 - Day 280

((A/N: Late one again because of a trip to Alton Towers. I'm exhausted and have hot chocolate so... Yeah just enjoy the chapter.))

"Ravine!" Brice called in excitement. Just what we'd needed. Our supplies had been running low as we headed back to base. There had been no deaths, thankfully, and Sky was back to full health now after that poison incident. I peeked over the edge and pointed to each vein of ore while the others split up to mine them. Seto of course stayed with me and I turned around to glare at him.

"Are you not going to help?" I asked accusingly.

He shrugged and smirked, "I'd rather bug you."

"Of course you would." I replied, rolling my eyes. I sat on the edge of the ravine and watched everyone mining frantically. Husky had set up a small area for smelting and people would go there occasionally and drop the ores into the separate furnaces. It was incredibly organised and I could tell they'd done it before. That was one of the reasons I wasn't getting involved and just shouted out where the ores were from above. Seto just leaned on my shoulder and occasionally pointed out ones I'd missed. He never bothered yelling them out and left that to me.

Lazy lil' shit.

I eventually got up and moved around a bit to get around the corners. It was harder to see under the platforms and at one point I dropped a bucket of water down (we all had buckets now.) to get rid of a pool of lava in Ty's way. The area around us was rather wooded, mostly because it was a normal forest biome, and that created a lot of shade.

Of course shade proves to spawn mobs.

We all forgot this bit.

The shout of skeleton came as no shock to me, they'd shout mob warnings each other occasionally. Especially skeletons as they caused the most problems. I didn't realise it was me they were warning until there was a sharp pain in my shoulder. I stepped back as I turned and my foot slid off the edge of the block. I cried out to draw attention to myself - even though everyone had seen what was happening by then. I plunged into the ravine with my back ready to take most of the impact. I attempted to twist myself and drop the bucket of water onto the wall. One of the others must have seen me doing this and made a small water source. I was able to swerve and land it. It was one block deep but still effective enough to slow my fall so it wasn't fatal. But, although it wasn't fatal, the instant I hit the water pain shot through my body. It was like falling in lava but only for a second before you freak out and jump away. I heard the loud 'crack' from multiple bones and the horrific knives that seemed to replace them after. There was yelling, lots of yelling as I went underwater. I didn't know what any of it was saying though as the familiar fainting feeling came over me. In a last panicked thought I gave them a thumbs up and smile, despite the tears they couldn't see. Then everything faded out.

That was the second time I could have died.

Why the fuck didn't I?