Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Nothing happens the rest of the year, and I never receive a return letter from my parents.

"I've got nothing to do this summer." I sigh, throwing a rock into the lake. Cedric and I came down here after exams were over. I'm pretty sure I passed mine with top marks.

"About that," Cedric says, throwing a rock in after mine. "Have any of your friends invited you over?"

I shake my head. "Amber's staying at Taylor's for the summer, Lauren's house is pretty full already, and I'm not sure I'm ready to meet Muggles yet."

"You mean you're not going to the Quidditch World Cup?" Cedric asks.

"No." I say. "I didn't have any money to buy the tickets." The words sound funny on my tongue; I've always had more than enough for everything.

"Well," Cedric begins. "I've spoken to my parents about this, and my mother doesn't want to go to the game, so we have an extra ticket. Do you want to come spend the summer with us?"

"Are you serious?" I exclaim, giving him a hug. "Cedric, you're the best! Thank you so much!"

"That's what family's for, right sis?" He says. "Just come home with me on the Hogwarts Express."

"Are you sure it won't be any trouble?" I suddenly realize.

"None at all." Cedric promises. "Come on, we should probably pack."

And that's how I end up with the best summer plans ever.

To be continued in book two: The Fifth Champion, coming soon.