Chapter:3

Grace's POV
I loaded hay into the trailer and put my tack in the compartment. Then I put a bag of feed in as well then a bag of Gage's food and the buckets and bowls.

I whistled to my dog and loaded my horse up. Gage jumped into the cab as I opened the door. I got in and closed the door behind me. My bags were in the living quarters/tack compartment, the house was locked up and I contacted the electric and water company and notified them that I was going to be out of town for a while.

I left the place nervous about what to expect. Amarillo by morning started playing and I sang along with it. I went around Dallas and up passed Amarillo.

I arrived in Cuervo, New Mexico and got a motel room for the night. I got Arrow out and let him stretch his legs. Gage used the bathroom then I put Arrow back in the trailer and locked it up. I got one of my bags and took it to the room with Gage at my side.

As I drove into Redmond I admired the sights

As I drove into Redmond I admired the sights. I pulled into the Bank of the Cascade Center and parked. I put the leash on Gage and got out. Today is the twenty third so I've got plenty of time to practice. Five other trailers were parked nearby.

I got Arrow out and led him around so he could stretch his legs. A dog and horse traveling with me were a must. I've always traveled with a dog and a horse.

Who knows when it will be my fiancé, dog, horse or horses, and I. When I got back to the trailer a truck and trailer were parked next to me. I tied Arrow up and took Gage to sign in.

As I entered I saw several big rodeo names talking. Fallon Taylor and Brittany Pozzi were talking to each other. I noticed Trevor Brazile was talking to Jake Barnes. Tuf Cooper was talking to Monty Lewis and a guy who I couldn't exactly see his face.

I went up to the table and signed in. Gage sat at my feet as I did so. When I was done I quickly left unnoticed and went back to my trailer.

Shane's POV
I watched as a woman with a dog left. We all stayed around to chat with each other after signing in. I got bored listening to Tuf talk so I made up an excuse. "I'm going to go check on Si." I told them.

I walked out and saw her round a corner. The dog that was with her spotted me and started barking. She stopped and got her dog to stop barking.

She looked up and saw me. The woman was Grace Zandew. She broke the gaze and continue to walk. I walked to my trailer. She was the one next to me? I got Si out and walked him around. Her horse nickered. He was a handsome spotted Appaloosa.

Never have I thought I'd see a spotted horse in this circuit. When I came back she was brushing her horse out. I saddles mine and led him to the ring.

A few minutes later she showed up on hers. Man she's striking on that horse. She trotted her horse around the ring with ease. What really got me was, she was riding bareback.

The barrels were out for practice. I doubt she could do it bareback. Then she shot from the alleyway making the clock start. Around the first barrel she went staying straight with her horse.

The went around the second barrel the the third. After they went around that last barrel she kicked him back to the alley. The timer said 14.3. Close enough to beat a few of the ones that have been here for years.

I think I'm falling for her.

Grace's POV
I looked over and saw Shane Hanchey watching me ride. I didn't mind it, he was allowed to be here as much as I was.

He looked around before he rode up to me. His horse calm as everything. As he got closer I saw his features more clearly. His eyes were blue and he had a calf roper build and was cute.

"Hi. I'm Shane." He introduced himself. "Grace." I said shaking his hand. "I guess your gonna be my new competition?" He asked. "I guess so." I told him. He smiled and tipped his hat to me.

I returned the gesture and rode back to my trailer. I put my roping saddle on and checked my stirrups. Once I was done I went back to the ring to practice.

I spotted Trevor, Tuf, Monty, and Shane sitting around talking on their horses. I'm going to be out there in two night with these guys competing for the win.

"She came around the last barrel and zoomed for the alley. I tell ya she could win barrel racing." "Shane you saw things. Bareback barrel racing."

I rode over to them and just sat there waiting to see when they were going to notice me. "Dude you were definitely seeing things." I still sat there listening. I leaned on my saddle horn and watched as they determined whether Shane was right.

I rode closer to see if they would notice. One of the horses saw me and nickered. Arrow nickered back. Two turned and saw me.

"How long have you been sitting there?" Tuf asked. "Long enough to rope three calves." I answered. "They said your faster than Trevor here." Monty said.

"Who wanted to find out?" I asked.

Hey great book so far?

More trivia:
When was Shane born?

How old would he be in 2000?

Fun fact about me: My birthday is September 30th, 2000.