Chapter:18

I woke up and remembered I couldn't get out of bed. The crutches were no where in sight and I really had to pee. I got down on my knees and checked under the bed. "Yes." I said quietly trying not to wake Shane up.

I used them to go into the bathroom and came out after I was done. I went into the living room and plopped onto the couch. I put my foot up and turned the tv on. Mom came into the living room and stood in front of the tv.

"Tell me your not marrying that wild beast." She said. "I'm marrying him. No question about it." I told her. "Then I'll be waiting with the divorce papers and a husband. You'll be sorry you married a rodeo man." And with that note she left the house and stayed there. Shane was spending thanksgiving with my family and I was going to spend Christmas with his.

Dad came into the living room and went outside. Cole came in and sat down next to me. Yelling outside, we knew that well. Mom came storming in the house and slammed a door. Shane came out of the hall in jeans and a tee.

"Shane would you help me feed?" "Yes sugar." I got up and went outside to the feed shed. He trailed close behind. "My mom is definitely not coming to the wedding." I told him. "I could have said that last night." He told me.

"My dad and Cole are welcome to come but my mom, definitely not. This morning she told me that she'll be waiting for me to ditch you. Basically she's going to be holding divorce papers and has a husband ready for me to marry."

Once there Shane unlocked the shed and got Arrow some hay. "Yeah that's not tolerated in my family." He said before kissing me.

I sat at the table as grandma and grandpa came in

I sat at the table as grandma and grandpa came in. My aunt and uncle came in after them with their kids. The boys were surprised when they saw that I was engaged to Shane Hanchey.

They were thrilled and wanted to go rope with him. I was no use except sit down jobs so grandma and Aunt Claire sent me outside with my fiancé and cousins. Mom left yesterday to be with her family and I didn't care at all.

"So do you have a set date for the wedding?" Dad asked me as I sat down on the outdoor love seat. "Probably sometime before we hit the road." I told him. "I haven't talked to Shane about it yet." I added.

"How about I go play with my nephews while you two set a date." I nodded and dad relieved Shane of roping. "Glad your out sugar baby." He said putting my hurt foot in his lap. "Me too." I told him.

"So when exactly were you planning on the wedding?" He asked. "We could get married before the season starts or after it ends." He smirked. "How about during it?" I smiled. "Sure." About one grandma and Claire told us to come and wash up.

Shane fixed my plate for me and sat it at the table. He let me put my foot on his thigh.

Dear Heavenly Father,
' 'Please bless this food to the nourishment of our bodies and use our bodies for your service' '
'I thank you for another communion in this family to join another. We praise that you welcome Shane into the family. We pray that you'll keep them safe as they go and decide on when and where to get married. We thank you for this thankful year you've given us. We pray for those that haven't found you that they'll find you in their own way and time. We pray for those traveling and those that can't be here today with us. We pray for the military and their families that you'll give them peace. The first responders lord just keep them safe and out of harms way.
In your holy name
Amen'

We lifted our heads and dug into the food. Shane and dad cooked the turkey and it was delicious. Cole helped out in the kitchen with cutting fruits and vegetables for the salad I cut some but mostly peeled potatoes.

Thanksgiving dinner was a success. Now I can't wait until Christmas. I laughed when Cole accidentally got mashed potatoes on his forehead by Nash, my oldest cousin who is a year older than me.

Him and Shane got along fine. Once dinner was over the two youngest went back outside to rope. "I think they'll be team ropers when they grow up." Shane said as he picked me up bridal style. "I can walk." I tell him.

"But I want to carry you." He protests. I roll my eyes and let him. He picks up my crutches and carries them out. We sit outside in a lawn chair as Blaze and Greg rope the dummy. Shane kisses my cheek before I set my head on his shoulder. My feet dangle over the side as I watch my cousins rope.

"I loved being with your family today." Shane whispered in my ear. "Am I going to enjoy yours?" I asked. "Maybe." He said before kissing my forehead. I loved it when he kisses my forehead.

When it was time for the family to leave Shane helped me to my foot and handed me the crutches. I hugged my family goodbye and they went on their way. Dad and Cole rode with grandma and grandpa so now it's just me and Shane.

I went into the house with him following and told him I was going to get a bath. Luckily Cole broke his leg before so I had a few tricks up my sleeve for bathing. I got the Saran Wrap and wrapped my cast clean in it. Every inch of it was now water proof and unable to get dirty.