one

Dear diary,

Today is the day! I've been waiting forever! Rory and I are going to England for a day then boarding a ship and sailing to America. Oh, and not just any ship, the Titanic! I'd stay and write some more, but Rory is getting irritated that I haven't packed yet.

I put my diary into my bag then headed over to my clothes. I folded the few dresses I owned then put those in the bag. After packing my socks, coats, book, and stuffed bunny I was done. I put on my locket from my parents then wrapped a scarf around my neck.

"Now, that didn't take too long did it?" I teased my brother. He just rolled his eyes then took one last look at our "house". Now when I say house, I really mean a shack we built in an ally so we would have some sort of shelter.

"The next time we're on land, we'll have an actual house," he said then smiled at me. He grabbed my hand then took me to a ferry that would take us to England. Sometime during the ride, I fell asleep on Rory's shoulder. I woke up while he was carrying me and our bags.

"I'm awake, you can put me down," I giggled.

"It's fine were almost there anyways." he said. I yawn, then put my chin on his shoulder and went back to sleep.

I eventually wake up when Rory starts shaking my shoulders.

"Come on, wake up you've been asleep since 4pm yesterday, it's around 11,"he chuckles. I look around and see it's daytime.

"We're boarding soon," I mutter. I look down and see I'm still wearing my dress from yesterday.

"Ya we are, look there it is!" he says pointing behind me. I turn my head and see the massive ship I'll be on soon. A smile appears on my face.

1 hour later

"It's time," Rory says. He grabs my hand and we head towards the ship. We board the ship before everyone else because Rory is working on it. There isn't even a crowd yet. We go to our room which we share with one other person who works in the boiler rooms. Before we go to lunch, I pull out my diary and start writing.

Dear diary,
We are on the ship. The passengers haven't boarded yet so it's almost completely empty. We have three hours of this giant ship to ourselves. Rory and I met our roommate and he's really nice. His name is Arthur and he's about 5 years older than Rory. Today we get to eat in the boiler room! Isn't that exciting? Well I gotta go, it's lunch time.

I put my diary back in my bag then followed Rory to the boiler rooms. After we got our lunch, we sat with Arthur and a couple of other men around Rory's age. Arthur was really funny. I feel like we're going to be good friends.

When lunch ends, it's 1. That means we have 1 1/2 hours to roam the ship before we have to get back to the boiler rooms. I decide to go alone and hope I don't get lost. The ship is breathtaking. I'm about halfway through when I get to the deck. For some reason, looking at this deck made me feel sick to my stomach. I just blow it off, assuming it's nervousness for moving. As I look out on to the deck, a voice breaks me away from my thoughts.

"Hey, kid! Are you liking the ship?" I jump at the voice then turn around to see Arthur.

"It's amazing," I breathe. He chuckles at me.

"We only have about 30 minutes, you wanna look around with me?" he asks. I nod my head and smile. I'm so glad I had him because I most likely would've gotten lost on the way back.

When I get back, Rory makes me go to the room because it's dangerous down there. I know he won't enforce that the whole time though. I love this ship already, and we haven't even left yet!

Ok so that's chapter 1. I love you all so much thank you so much for reading this😘