< 1 >

The war had been going on for what, two years?

How was I still alive?

No idea.

Did I want to be alive?

No, no really.

I left my family behind.

When the war started my parents had held of the monsters while I had to get some things I would need. I grabbed clothes, money, a bottle of water, food and my bottle of water that I always have in my room.

I wanted to wait for my parents, but they said for me to go and not to worry about them.

So ran, just like they said to. As I ran, I turned around.

I wish I never did that.

My house was in flames.

A pang of emotions hit me. Anger, sadness and...

...Hate?

I didn't know this other emotion was, not even to the day.

But now, I hate humans and monsters.

I figured out that it was the humans who started the war, because of them being scared of monsters and attacking them.

And for hating the monsters, well, that's pretty obvious.

Now, I'm hiding in an abandoned alley in an abandoned city.

Most things are abandoned now, except for bases.

I'm a neutral, meaning I'm not with the humans or monsters, I'm a lone wolf.

I hear footsteps coming closer and closer. I grab my dagger and handgun for protection while hiding behind a dumpster.

The footsteps were really close now, and when I think they were in front of the alley, the noise stopped.

One thing to know about me, I hate being captured, or in closed-in space, so I really didn't want to be caught.

There were no more noises from the footsteps, I was going to have a peek and see if the thing was still there, but quickly decided against that.

I stayed there for what felt like an hour, until the noise of footsteps began again, but it was moving away.

Holding in a big huff, I stayed there for a few more minutes before peeking to check if it was safe.

No one was in the alley, so I moved to the edge to check if anyone was still in the area.

Well, someone was in the city.

Or two people were in the city

It looked like the two were monsters. One looked had blue skin and red hair in a ponytail, waving gracefully in the wind with an eyepatch covering her left eye. And the other was...

...A skeleton?

It was a pretty tall skeleton with a black jacket with a fluffy hood covering his ribs but showing the bottom of his spine and black jeans showing a bit of his pelvis.

'Flashy much' I thought.

I couldn't see the skeleton very well because his back was facing me.

I get up and-

Crunch...

I look around and try to look for where that noise came from.

It came from under my foot.

The two monsters turn around and I'm guessing they were looking at the alley I was in, because I hid as soon as I saw them turn their heads.