Intro: HardHeaded

*To All Readers*

Intro;

This will be the very beginning of the chapter. But before you read it,I just want to say that a lot has happened in my life past a few years and that's the reason I decided to come back and continue,is cause my mind is full of stories. Some bad,some good,and the rest, utterly unbelievable. I've attempted to understand and maybe gain some clarity of the unbelievable side so many times,and still got nothin from it. Over the time,I lost a lot of people. I spent a lot of time outside and alone by myself thinking bout a lot. I didn't get the happy ending I wanted. But writing this book,kept me sane because whenever I couldn't make sense of the things I experienced,it had me thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong. This involves understanding my destiny and the sole purpose of it. Oftentimes, I look back and think about the past,the present,while at the same time, wondering what the future holds. I can't... force you to wear my shoes,and walk a mile in them... Can't nobody say they been there but me. I was the only one that wore the shoes,cause those shoes were made for one person. Me. However,what I CAN do is paint you a picture..of what I dealt with,what I saw, and what I felt.. from experience. I hope I inspire others to be as creative,and have a clear picture within their imagination,as they continue to get lost in this book. Thank you.

-The Hummingbird

Chapter One

It was a hot sunny day with the temperature of 85°f in the gritty city of Shreveport,La,better known as 5150 Ratchet City. Kirk was asleep when suddenly he was awoken by a loud knock on his door. Aye Kirk! Wake up,Dog! Kirk get yo ass up,nigga,Murda yelled while still at the door. Kirk groaned and yawned as he sat up in his bed and rubbed his face. His cell rung,but he didnt answer it.Who the fuck is it?! Shit,he said as he slipped his feet in his black Nike slippers and walked towards the door. It's the fuckin mailman,who you think it is? It's Murda nigga,open the door,the voice said back. Kirk aggressively unlatched the lock off the chain and opened the door. What the fuck you doin,comin up here with all that loud ass noise this morning? It's too early for that shit,he boomed. What you mean it's too early,nigga it's one thirty! So? So,you know your brother out there gettin in some shit. Lil nigga out there makin moves and he ain't even eighteen yet. Them streets been talkin. They seen him leaving Bear baby momma house wit a lil weight. Feds probably watchin King ass,and he don't even know it. He bet not fuck up Kirk I'm tellin you,Murda said as he took a hit of his blunt and exhaled.

That's my lil brother,nigga. Let me worry about King,aight? He ain't stupid. But I see he ain't come home last night. Imma get on his ass. Always wanna be fuckin hardheaded. I told that nigga he not me so he ain't gotta be- hold up,let me throw something on right fast,Kirk said as he headed back for his bedroom.

While Kirk was throwin on some clothes,Murda's cell phone rung. He grabbed the ashtray off the table,and ashed his blunt before answerin. Hello? Wassup nigga? What? Yeah I'm at his crib right now. Hold on. Aye Kirk,that nigga Ace say he need to holla at you.

What he want,kirk asked as he threw his baggy white t-shirt on over his grey tank top,before sliding into some silver grey Wrangler's jeans as he grabbed his all white air forces.

Shit,mane,I don't know ask him. Here,Murda said as he handed Kirk his phone. Kirk came out his room and sat on the couch,putting the phone to his ear,while putting his shoes on,as they conversated. Wassup Ace?

Mane what the fuck wrong wit yo phone? I been calling you and calling you. But look. If you still need that bread,I got some work,for you. It pay nice? Kirk asked him. And then some,Ace said back.

Aight,me and Murda finna swang by the spot,we'll talk when we get there. I gotta go find my brother first. Oh,he out here,Ace said back before he coughing over the phone.

Kirk was suprised to hear that King was over there. He remembered how he told King to stay from over there due to a few problems he had with a long time friend turned enemy. Oh foreal? Tell him I say stay his ass over there,we on the way.

As Kirk hung up the phone and tossed it back to Murda,he grabbed his car keys and put on his rolex as they got ready to leave the house. Mane you not gone believe this shit. Ace said that nigga King out there by his house.

I told you. Streets been talking. The only way he'll be at Ace house is to sell that work from down the street. If niggas say he came from nunu house,then he came from nunu house. We ain't seen that nigga Bear in a long time so if you ain't know,I do. He using her house as a stash spot,Murda said as he nodded.

See that's what I was tryna tell you bruh,King hardheaded. I know I told him to stay from around there,and he still go. Ace might run 23rd but he can't offer King the same protection that I do. Then if something happen to his ass,my momma gone kill me. She only let him come stay wit me for good because she know I'mma watch out for him,but when he was living wit her he did whatever the fuck he wanted to do. He knows out here since he living wit me, I'mma be on his ass worser than my momma. It's like when I tell him something, he only hear what he wanna hear. Bout to make me start whuppin his ass if he keep on,I swear.

Oooh that nigga in trouble,want me to get the belt, Murda asked as he snickered and put the rest of his blunt out. Mane fuck you,let's go. Kirk said as they left the house.