Everyday Shit

Chapter Two

The buzzin streets were busy as Kirk and Murda hit the road. Everyday was a poverty growing up on the streets of Cedar grove. Kirk and Murda kinda caught on fast as they faced the challenges of the streets,while gettin it out the mud. Just like everybody else,they was just tryna eat. Cedar Grove has changed a lot over the last few years,and anything goes. Every young hustler that lived there,hustled at any cost,by any means. Whether it was sellin copyrighted Cd's,knockin over a few corner stores,or robbin rival drug dealers for blood money,to them,wrong or not,it was the life they knew. Murda was rollin another blunt and lookin around as him and Kirk talked.

I gotta do everything huh? That's a damn shame,he said. What you talkin bout nigga,Kirk asked. Nigga I'm talkin bout lookout. Why you ain't lookin? What you mean why I ain't lookin I'm drivin ain't it? I know nigga, but if we gone be ridin around with this shit,we gotta be careful I'm already dropping weed between the seats. I ain't tryna go to jail over no blunt. Them laws hot out here. A nigga got killed over there on quartz street two nights ago. Heard he used to work for Bear. Kinda make me wonder what he was doin on our side anyway. If you from the twelve,you stay on the twelve. Don't bring yo ass around here. But aye. Look around, nigga. The hood stay movin. This that everyday shit. Look at this nigga Fred over there sellin pound cakes and shit. Pull up up here for a second,Kirk. Yo Fred! Fred,come here bruh! What you got in that basket today,cause I got the munchies and cottonmouth like a motherfucka, Murda said while diggin in his pocket.

Fred held the basket against the car as he wiped the sweat off his neck with a towel. Brother I got pound cake,pecan candy,pecan pie, potato chips and pepsi cold drinks. What you need young blood,he asked.

Damn Fred, all them p's and c's. Sell me something good,I'll give you a whole ten.

How about a pound cake and a Pepsi to wash it down? Hell naw,mane I don't want that moldy ass shit. That's the same shit you sold me last week! Made my stomach hurt, Murda said as he tossed the pound cake back in the basket and took two bags of chips instead.

You the boss,Fred said as he took the two crispy fives and stuffed them in his pocket. What about you my man,you look thirsty,how bout a cold drink?

Naw I'm good we kinda in a hurry,Kirk said as he lit up a cigarette. Fred was starvin. Money hungry. He pushed and pushed until he persuaded Kirk to buy the soda.

Come on man,it's my grandson birthday. I'm tryna do something nice for him even if we can't afford it. I'm out here hustling,like everybody but cept it's not for nothin. My daughter in jail,my lights finna get cut off, and I gotta come up wit 550 dollars by tomorrow then after that,I was gonna throw him a little party wit whatever we have leftover.

Finally Kirk gave in. Aight mane how much for the soda,and how much you got on you,Kirk asked. The soda is 2 dollars and it's been a little slow today so all I have on me right now is 25 dollars and some change,Fred said as he smiled. Kirk pulled out a roll of money and took nine hundred out of his bankroll and gave it to Fred. Here. Tell lil homie I say happy birthday. And aye Fred,let me give you a lil advice. Look,you gotta stop sellin that bad shit. Sell something that don't melt or get hot before you get it out on the street. It's all about quality and quantity, of the goods you heard me?

Yeah I hear you youngblood,yall be safe. May Allah bless you brother,Fred said as he happily smiled from ear to ear. Aight fool you too now gimme my cold drink,Kirk said back as Murda chimed in. Yeah,you be safe too fool,cause the way them pound cakes lookin in that basket,them crackheads probably mad as hell. Next time they come get they money back,we might end up pulling up on you as you catching a beat down while they yellin pound cake nigga,pound cake,he joked.

Aight Fred mane ignore that nigga they ain't gone do you like that. We gotta go,tho. Be breezy Kirk said as he chunked up the deuce and pulled off.