Second Thoughts

Thursday, June 27th  2:45pm

I had 15 minutes until my shift ends.

I was standing behind the counter, bored out of my mind. There weren't any costumers coming in and my colleague has escaped so I can't do that too and leave the shop empty.

I tapped my foot and sighed. 1 minute passed. Wow that felt like 10 minutes... Is the clock broken? I heard the doorbell chime and stood up straight. I was about to smile until I saw who it was..

I involuntarily felt my face heat up and crossed my arms infront of my chest. I wished I wouldn't see him outside of the gym. I also silently wished he didn't walk in on me on the day we first crossed paths.

"Can I have a small iced coffee to go please." He flashed me a shy smile. He kinda reminded me of a cute bunny. Wait..cute?

I felt my face get even redder when I noticed I was staring. I nodded and punched his order in. He handed me the money and waited at the side. He was drumming his fingers on the counter and humming quietly to himself.

As he was preoccupied, I prepared the drink and handed it to him. I almost spilled it on him and he just laughed it off. He was about to leave but returned quickly and put a tip in the jar.

When I looked at the time, my shift was over. I called my collegue to cover theirs, but I made sure to collect the tip first.

Maybe he isn't too bad after all.