5-QuidDITCH

It is now October, and the great hall was booming with excitement at breakfast. Why? I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I was so hungry that I came down without Marlene, Lily, and Alice since they took too long to get ready. I saw Frank Longbottom, a friend of the other three girls, sitting a few seats down from me. I decided to ask him what was going on around here.

The last few weeks at Hogwarts weren't as exciting as the first had been. It mainly consisted of me locking myself away in the library to do homework and to also escape the grasp of Sirius and his friends. Although lately, they haven't bothered me or Lily as much as they used to.

"Hey, Frank?" I asked timidly. I had only spoken to him on a few occasions, those of which I was with the other girls. He turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey Estella, how are you?" He asked politely, motioning for me to sit in the seat next to him. I smiled and did as he requested.

"I'm good, and you?"

"I am too" he nodded. "Was there something you needed?"

"Actually, yes. Do you know what's going on around here? What is everyone so excited about?" I asked in confusion.

"Well, Quidditch tryouts of course!" He exclaimed excitedly. I raised my eyebrows in interest. I completely forgot about Quidditch. "Everyone is going to watch later today so they can find out who is going to get onto the house team. Today Gryffindor is going"

"Then why are all the other houses excited too? If their house isn't even trying out today?" I asked, confused again. Even though I've been going to Hogwarts for a month already, I'm still not used to having the four houses.

"It's always important to find out who's going to be on the other team. So you know your competition" he explained and I nodded.

"Oh, I get it now. Maybe I'll go and watch later today, are you trying out?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I always loved watching Quidditch, but I was never one for playing. I do think that I'll be there though to watch, that is if I can get all of my school work done on time" he explained. Then I looked up and saw Lily, Marlene, and Alice enter the great hall. I smiled and waved them over. When Alice saw I was sitting with Frank, she immediately blushed. Lily and Marlene started nudging her playfully until they sat down across from us.

"Hi Frank, excited for the Quidditch tryouts today?" Marlene piped up. "I know Alice here is". At this Frank looked at Alice with interest.

"Really Alice? Are you planning on watching later today?" He asked, suddenly seeming more into the conversation than he was five seconds ago. Alice seemed to stutter a little bit.

"Of course she's going! No one in their right minds would miss Quidditch tryouts" Marlene spoke for her again. "Isn't that right Alice? She absolutely adores Quidditch"

"Uh... Right," Alice answered slowly and unsurely.

"I... Didn't peg you as a die-hard Quidditch fan" Frank raised his eyebrows. Alice went to open her mouth but Marlene spoke up again.

"Oh please, Quidditch is her life" she gushed and Alice glared at her.

"Well, maybe we could go together. I was thinking about heading down there later today" he suggested and Alice's face paled, but she managed a small nod. He gave a small smile. "Great. Well, if you'll all excuse me I've gotta make a quick stop at the library before class starts. I'll see you later Alice" he said as he got up from the bench and began walking away. Alice raised her hand in a small wave.

"Alice! This is incredible! You just got a date with someone you've been eyeing since second year!" Marlene exclaimed and Alice shushed her, blushing as she looked around us to make sure no one was listening.