Chapter 1 - Secret Languages

Chapter 1

“Rex, can you move your butt over here please?” Samantha was yelling at her work partner.

Rex Opak was his name and he has the biggest crush on Samantha since they were kids. They had bonded over the facts that they both wanted to do archeology and travel around Egypt. Now they work together Rex thought: 'Well, this is going to be the best I can get, I'll take it'.”

'What..what is it? He casually asked so that she couldn't see nor hear that he was worried about her.

“Is there any possible way that you can read these markings, because I can’t make any sense out of them! It's from Egypt and these markings are definately Egyptian but what form is it?! This is so fustrating!' Samantha was so stressed and she didn't know what to do, she'd been working in this assingment for a year now and this was the only lead she had to the excavting had dug up only to be stopped because something was stopping it.

While Samantha and Rex were looking at the markings they hadn’t noticed a figure in a thick black hooded cape standing at the window watching them, the figure then tilted its head to the left slightly. Samantha gave an exasperated sigh and sat back in her chair defeated.

“How can we not read it? It’s in Egyptian!" She placed her head on her desk and moaned into it.

“Of course you can’t read it, it’s in Nequrean.” The figure at the window laughed.

Samantha jerked her head up and shrieked and Rex just stood still.

“Who are you and how the hell did you get in here?” Rex softly asked.

The figure glided towards them and gently picked up the papyrus and stared at it longingly.

“You don’t need to know that. But how did you find this?” The figures voice was female, and her voice was very soft and delicate but she had a hard edge to it, the want of demand.

Samantha crossed her arms in her chair and glared at her viscously.

“We aren’t going to tell you anything. Not until you tell us who you are and why you are here!”

The woman gently put down the papyrus and pushed the hood down to reveal a beautiful girl who had a kind face, she was smiling at them.

“I am Nixa Nile, and you will answer any and all of my questions without any difficulty.”

Samantha laughed and Rex just scoffed.

The girl glared at them both and gave a chilling smile.

“Oh, Samantha and Rex, surely you two cannot see the resemblance of my mother and father? I believe you have my father in a museum and my mother is currently being dug up? She spat out the word museum.

Samantha looked shocked and was speechless and Res was glaring at her like he couldn’t believe she was falling for this.

“Look, you’re a nice lady. But this is clearly a hoax.”

He turned his back to Nixa and that just  made her mad.

Quick as ever she flung out her arm and the lightning from the storm smashed through the window making Sam and Rex duck behind the desk watching while the lightning snaked around her arm.

 'Well, hello down there, do I have your attention? As you can see I am not harmed by the lightning therfore that should tell you somewhat of who I am if not then you are very much not working hard enough'.

 “Ah, how on god's Earth are you doing that? It isn’t possible and you should be dead now if you are who you say you are.” Samantha looked nervously to Nixa's arms as Nixa giggled as the lightning was tickling her body.

Nixa helped Samantha stand up and looked at her kindly while Samantha was looking at the lightning with terror in her eyes trying not to let it touch her. 

“You are a lovely and kind hearted woman I can see that, but I can’t explain everything because I can’t show you and the truth is I need your help. So I am inviting you to come with me back to my home so I can explain everything and in turn I hope you can help me. Would you accept my offer?”.

Samantha glanced at Rex and thought, an offer to look at unknown history secrets of Egypt? Only one thing to say to that!

“We would gladly accept, You Highness”.

And that made Nixa smile.