beanpaii's interview!

HEAD ADMIN @BEANPAII'S INTERVIEW!

1. do you have any advice for overcoming writers block?

i used to get writers block a lot when i was younger and starting to write. it was really hard for me, because i was twelve and had honestly never done an interesting thing in my life. it may not work for everyone, but i learnt to write through it. your words may sound fake or thick, or maybe like a sea of cotton that you're trying to swim through and it just isn't working, but i promise that it is. every little bit of writing helps you find more inspiration to get past it.

2. where/how can i find inspiration in coming up with a plot that's interesting?

i draw inspiration from other writers, or past ideas. i watch new shows, read new books. i also try to go places that i'm comfortable with, or do something i could see one of my existing characters doing. it all comes down to what you surround yourself with.

3. how do you find a graphic style for yourself?

i don't have a defined style. honestly, not a lot of people do. other editors like @XantheRowd and @sugoiree have defined styles because they have a keen eye for knowing what they're doing. i guess it just takes a lot of time and practice to find a style you love to work in.

4. what advice do you give to aspiring designers?

keep making covers. do it. make the same, awfully edited thing over and over and over again until you get it right. be confident in your skills, but at the same time, don't think you're the best. there's always gonna be someone out there that's better than you. you just have to be the best that you can be.

5. what makes a good character?

consistency. and at the same time, no consistency whatsoever. i find a good character is realistic, and realistic characters have flaws. writing a realistic character means that they aren't perfect - they're human. if you want to write a good character, the best thing you can do is give them flaws and faults and problems like every other person.

6. what colors work well together when making covers?

i rarely use bright / neon colours. they stand out too much. try using darks or pastels, and often refer to a colour chart to find complimentary colours. (colours opposite to each other.) i personally enjoy pastels and subdued colours, but it's all a matter of preference.

7. how do you find names for characters of your stories?

i often use the names of people i know, or a name that i think suits them. when i first meet people, i try to come up with a name i think they're likely to have - for example, one of my best friends i mistook as bailey for a month because she looked like a bailey. or you can just look up names online hah--

8. how do you deal with rude comments?

if you know me, you know that i often get rude or unneeded comments on my work. i don't put up with them, so if it's something small, i'll just delete it. sometimes people get blocked by me because i don't want to deal with harassment, but most of the time, the small squad + the bam defence squad come to give me a hand!

9. can you tell us something about yourself?

this one is honestly the most difficult question to answer of them all. i guess i could say i'm a student with a new kitten, i love art and i aspire to be a published author. i'm currently a musician, although it isn't my planned career path. i like tea more than coffee, i write ukulele songs aaaaand i wish i could have nicer nails.

that's all i've got.