Prophecy

"I told you not to punch the damn poodle, Lauren," the prison gates shut behind the two women and the former felon simply rolled her eyes in annoyance, "but, of course, you decide to punch the the stupid poodle!"

"Excuse you, Lucy, I'll have you know that that little rat wasn't a poodle." The green-eyed girl crossed her arms as she continued walking, "They found us, the Canis aureus lupaster." the younger girl mumbled. With this new information, Lucy immediately froze and checked the perimeter to see if anyone was within ear shot.

"Anubis' jackals?" Lauren nodded in confirmation, "How many of them were there? When did you see them?" The brown eyed girl unlocked the doors to her black 1961 corvette and the two women entered the car in order to gain some privacy.

"I only saw the one since I was too busy fighting it. I didn't have much time to check my surroundings before the lady called the cops on me." Lauren rubbed her forehead at the memory of dog owner's strident shrieking. "I felt an energy shift when we were leaving the beach so I focused on the shift and saw the dark aura around the poodle." It's no secret that Lauren is a succubus. Her charming personality and incredibly good looks can fool anyone into thinking that she was a model instead of a lustful demon.

However, she isn't like any other regular succubus.

"Of course he's trying to get to you," Lucy slipped her hand into Lauren's and sighed, "the Syndicate want me to go back there, Lo. But, I can't just leave you."

Lauren is in a relationship with Lucifer, or what she likes to call her, Lucy.

"Lucy, you have other obligations and I understand that. I can still come visit you when you're not busy doing your underworld thing." To Lauren, being in a relationship with the older woman could be compared to being in a relationship with a hot CEO.

Technically, Lucy is the CEO of Limbus corporations which is a building that was built above The Syndicate's gathering place as well as the gates to the underworld. The company was created to prevent the event of any mortals finding the gates. The decision was made to do so after a man named Dante found his way to the gates and through most of the underworld. Even though the building is constantly filled with humans, Lucy and the Syndicate no longer fear the event of a mortal finding the gates because everyone that works there has already signed a (cursed) contract that offers their soul to the Syndicate. The corporation's continuous growth is unfortunate for the Order due to the fact both regions need souls keep their kingdoms powerful.

Lucy smiled at her beautiful girlfriend, "Thank you for understanding Lauren, that's my favorite thing about you. Well, besides your beautiful face." Her smile dropped when she thought about the topic that they were just discussing. "The thing is, I don't want to go back there. At least, not right now. Someone from the Order managed to steal one of our contracts with a client. We don't know why they decided to take that single contract, however, we do know that they went out of their way to pass the boundaries and break a handful of rules in our treaty." The Order is similar to the Syndicate because they both are made of of the universe's most powerful immortal beings.

"That's it? All this fuss because of a single client? Is it even worth the effort? I mean, I'm sure the contract must've been with someone insignificant since you don't even know who they are, right?" Lauren wasn't part of the Syndicate, but god (oops), she wishes to she could be that powerful. She didn't know all of the details although, Lauren knew enough to understand that ruling the underworld and having to deal with nosy angels is a stressful job.

"Yeah, I suppose. It just doesn't make any sense, you know? Out of all of the worthless mortals on this planet that they could have chosen, why would they pick that one? The one that works for us." The older woman could feel her confusion slowly dissipating into anger as the area surrounding the two women began to heat up. Lauren saw the change in her girlfriend and immediately pulled her lips onto her own. She used her powers as best she could in order to drain Lucy's energy. She pulled away when she felt their surrounds cool down, as well as the brown eyed girl's body.