Chapter 1: Twelve Years

Ash stood in front of his mirror, looking himself in the eye. It's been twelve years since he last saw her. He wondered how much she had changed. Because, as scary as it seemed, it was true. They aren't little kids anymore.

Wow. Ash thought to himself. How is it that we've only seen each other about twice since we went separate ways?

He sat on his bed and took a breath. God he was nervous. Why was he nervous? He shouldn't be.

They were the best of friends, weren't they? I mean how many people can you count who would still support and travel with you even after you stole their bicycle?

"Wow, i was so lame" He chuckled to himself.

He looked to the clock. 4:30 p.m.
He was supposed to meet her at 5 at Pallet House. His mom's restaurant of course.

"I'd better get going" he told himself and stood up from his bed.

"Chu!"

Ash turned around to see pikachu crawling towards him from his tiny bed in Ash's room. After all these years, Pikachu still hated being inside his pokeball. But Ash didn't mind, besides, he enjoyed his company.

"What is it Pikachu?" he asked him.

"Pika! Chu!" the pokemon replied.

"What, you want to come see Misty too?" Ash replied. "But I haven't seen her in a long time, Pikachu! You'll hog her attention!"

"Pika--CHUUUU!" Pikachu exclaimed, shocking some sense into his master.

Ash sighed. "Fine, come on buddy." Pikachu climbed onto Ash's back and he turned to the mirror one last time. "Pikachu! You totally ruined my hair!"

"Pika-chu!" the pokemon replied, proudly.

"Guess I'll wear a hat then." Ash commented. He was trying to look nice for his old friend, wearing a dark red button up shirt with the sleeves folded up to his elbows. The first three buttons were open so the black undershirt would show. He also wore his new pair of black pants.

"Oh well," he said, then looked around his room. His closet was left open, and inside on the top shelf he spotted his old red and white hat. The one he had been wearing when he and Misty first met.

He walked over and pulled the cap off the shelf and walked over to the mirror once more. Then he placed it on his head, it was a perfect fit.

So much for trying to dress my age. He thought to himself.

"What do you think, Pikachu?" he asked nervously.

"Chu!" pikachu smiled. He smiled back at him. Then he walked out of his room, pass the kitchen, through the living room, and out his front door and looked out at the streets of Pallet Town.

His home. His life. And today another missing part would come into place.

"Let's go Pikachu," Ash said with a huge smile. "Misty's waiting."

With that, they headed off.

~Authors Note~
First chapter is done! I don't own pokemon. Or Ash, even though I wish I did. Cover art goes to its respective owner/s. Which isn't me btw lol