Chapter 4: Ash and Misty

Misty stood there with her eyes wide open, surprised that Ash would actually make such a move. Ash that she'd known since she was ten years old. The boy who stole her bike, who laughed at her for being afraid of bugs, the boy who cried when they had to go separate ways.

That boy was now kissing her. Except he wasn't a boy anymore, he was now a young man. And he had called her beautiful.

She let her eyes close, and let her lips move with his. He pulled her closer, wrapping one arm around her waist and entwining his fingers of his free hand with hers. They stayed that way for several moments until they pulled away slowly. Both their faces were flushed but they didn't care.

Ash smiled warmly, looking into Misty's eyes. "You know what?" he asked her. "What?" she replied, looking down shyly then sharing his gaze. "You're even more beautiful when you're flustered." he replied with a cocky grin.

"Oomf." she replied, burying her head in his chest to hide the brighter shade of red her face had become. "I guess you've learned to flirt while traveling huh? Who'd you practice on, Pikachu?"

"Ha-ha, very funny." Ash said, bringing his other arm around her, holding her close. "Actually, you're the first one I've tried it out on, so far."

"Sounds about right." Misty replied, looking up at him with a playful smile. "You were only ever good at pissing people off."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Ash said.

"Come on, Ash! It's true! You were never really good at talking to people, only egging them on for pokemon battles!"

"Pffft." Ash scoffed. "So all I ever did was piss you off?"

Misty nodded. "That's right. You stole my bike, remember?"

Ash took a step away from her, holding her hands. "So, you're telling me you never the least bit attracted to me, huh?" he eyed her.

"W-what?" she stuttered. "We were just kids, of course not. You were very annoying back then, too." she replied, avoiding eye contact.

"Lying isn't a good way to start off a relationship, Misty." he replied with a smirk.

"A-a relationship?" she said. "We have a relationship?"

"I hope so." Ash replied, rubbing the back of his head with his hand in a all of a sudden nervous manner.

"Uhm." she replied, looking at him. "Are you...?"

"Misty, will you go out with me?" he asked her.

There was a long moment of silence, Ash began to worry. She kissed him back, so she must feel the same way, right?

"I mean, well, you don't have to. I just thought that--" he started.

"Sure." Misty replied.

Ash smiled. "Yeah?"

"Mhm." she replied, smiling back.

"I was worried for a minute," Ash said. "I thought I got all confident for nothing." They both laughed.

"So, where do you want to go on our first date?" he asked her, taking her hand.

"Hmmm." Misty thought, as they began to walk back to town. "You said we could travel together, like we used to right?"

"Mhm."

"Then...why don't we do that?" she suggested. "We can travel, with our pokemon and everything...and make it back by the time Brock gets here!"

"That sounds great!" Ash said, smiling at her. "A new adventure."

"Mhm." Misty replied. "Ash and Misty." she laughed.

"Misty and Ash" Ash said, they both laughed. "I like the sound of that." he grinned, pulling her closer to him.

"I do too." she said, then leaned up and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.