Chapter 9: Hey look! I'm a hocker

Picture to the side is of Peter

Chapter 9: Hey look! I'm a hocker

"Oh hell no!" I exclaimed, sitting straight on the chair I was currently sitting on. I adjusted my phone so it was more comfortable at my ear.

"Please" Donna begged on the other line.

"Donna why would I ever want to go to that?" I asked, tired of this whole conversation.

"Please, Taylor just think about it. I don't want to be one of those people who go through their high school years without going to a single house party" Donna pleaded, making me feel guilty. Ugh I hate when she guilt trips me.

"Donna there are three reasons why I don't want to go. One is that I don't want to waste my Saturday night getting rubbed up by hormonal teenagers and being surrounded by the stench of beer and puke" I said and heard Donna sigh.

"So you want to waste it watching reruns of the X factor all night" Crap she knows me too well.

"Shut up. Reason Two is that I might bump into Nick" I haven't seen Nick since the hotel incident. He's texted me and called me several times since but I'd come up with some reasons not to talk.

Anyway he had to go to the city with his parents for a business meeting which was a huge relief to me.

But unfortunately he was due back any day now and I was still worrying about what to do when he came back.

"He won't be, trust me. Its not like he's going to come back after a long trip and go straight to a party" She was right, I knew him well enough... Or at least I thought I did.

"Okay, fine but the last reason is because its Kyle's party and I'm sure as hell not invited" I told her, imagining the embarrassment of arriving at his house and him slamming the door in my face.

"That's where your wrong. On Facebook he said that everyone is welcome" Donna said smugly.

"Yeah that's probably because he thought I wouldn't go to it. If he knew I was even considering it he would of said Everyone but Taylor Wilks welcome"

"Well he didn't so technically your invited" Donna said in a matter of fact tone and I sighed. I was fighting a losing battle here.

"There's no point me saying no, is there?"

"Nope" She said popping the 'p'.

"I don't even have an outfit though" I whined thinking of my wardrobe. I can't go to a party in a track suit can I?

"Don't worry, I bought you one yesterday" Donna told me happily.

"What! You knew I would eventually give up, didn't you?" I said and Donna laughed.

"Honey, Of course I did" She said as I got up off my chair and made my way upstairs.

"What time is the party?" I asked with a huff. Just because I was going, doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

"7" She said excitedly.

I looked at the clock in my bedroom. It was 4:30pm.

"Fine, Can you come over now because if your serious about this then we need to start getting ready soon" I muttered and plopped down on my bed.

"Already ahead of you, I'm outside"

Bouncing up, I looked out my bedroom window and sure enough, she was there with a gear bag in one hand and a grocery bag in the other.