Chapter 3

Beta: Manon, Phyllis and Rebekah

Rate: PG-13

Disclaimer: I own only the plot; Tolkien though was the one that created the great world of Middle Earth. I do not own the Lord of the Rings (and associated) book series, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of the story. Only the OC.

Note: Legolas age is close to 10, only an elfling compared to the other elves.
Note2: Legolas has a stronger connection with the nature than normal.
A/N3: Legolas has a stronger connection than normal.

--

The twins heard the elfling's cries: "No.... nana... I want my nana..."

Elladan rushed into the room, and asked his twin to inform their father and sister.

They panicked; they were worried that something was wrong with the prince.

When they went into the room, they saw Legolas curled up, his face buried in his knees and crying.

Elrond slid his hand under Legolas' chest, and tried to hold him close to him, but the elfling started to fight and yell for his nana.

Arwen's eyes began to flow with tears as she heard him crying. She could not bear it and walked to her father who was trying to stop the elfling from fighting him.

"Father, let me hold him," she said. Elrond nodded and gave the sobbing elfling to her.

Legolas kept asking for his nana as Arwen tried to comfort him. But he kept crying until tiredness washed over him, and he fell asleep.

Arwen made him more comfortable in her arms, glad he could finally rest a little.

"He only needs a mother's care." Elrond smiled at his daughter.

"I will try and take care of him father," Arwen said, her eyes on Legolas.

She stared at the sleeping prince; his looked so pure and beautiful, as she could not stop thinking of what it was that made him so sad.

Arwen sat on the bed, holding the elfling in her arms; she wished for one moment that he could be her son.

"I will stay with you," Elladan said.

"No! Tell to the servants to make the bath ready and prepare some food. He will wake up soon, and I am sure he will be hungry," Elrond said.

"Right away father," Elladan said, and his twin followed him.

"Father?" Arwen asked.

"Yes, my child?"

"Why is he sad? I cannot bear to see him like this," Arwen said.

"We are here for him, Evenstar; soon you will see him smiling," Elrond said.

"Storm..." a sleepy voice said.

"Father?" Arwen asked with a worried look.

Minutes later... they could hear a strong wind outside. They did not say anything. Then thunder was heard. Elrond rose from the bed and walked to the window, and saw the rain and lightening.

"Adar?" Arwen asked.

The twins opened the door, surprised by the weather.

"Father?" they asked.

"I believe Legolas has the gift of speaking with nature," Elrond said, and continued: "I knew Thranduil had the gift too... but I..."

"What father?" they asked.

"I never believed that he had the power to speak with nature and horses," Elrond said.

"What do you mean?"

"Arwen and I, we heard him mention the word 'storm' minutes before it started," Elrond explained.

"Then it is true father," Elladan said.

"I never thought of the possibility that there was an elf who had that power. I need to get advice from Glorfindel and Erestor," Elrond said and left them alone.

"We need to ask the elfling what will the weather be tomorrow?" Elrohir asked.

"No! He needs to get better, and then he needs to deal and know about the gifts he has," Elladan said to his twin, and noticed the smile he got from his sister.

"When he wakes up do not push him, my dear brothers. He needs us," Arwen said to them and looked at the sleeping elfling.

As he was walking down the corridor Elrond was deep in thought about the elfling when Glorfindel stopped him.

"My Lord?" Glorfindel asked. He noticed his friend seemed worried, and thought that maybe the weather was the cause.

"I was looking for you and Erestor," Elrond said.

"I am here, my Lord," Glorfindel said, and continued: "I believe you can find Erestor in the library."

Elrond seemed to hesitate.

"My Lord?"

"Have you ever met an elf before who has a connection with nature, my old friend?" Elrond asked him.

"No... I do not think so," Glorfindel said after thinking for a moment. He examined Elrond's face, wanting to know why his lord had asked the question.

"Have you found one, my Lord?"

"I think so..." Elrond said, and his thoughts seemed far away.

"Is it Thranduil's son, my Lord?"

"It is," Elrond said.

"Why was he brought here, my Lord?" Glorfindel asked. "What happened to him?"

"That is what we need to find out, my noble friend," Elrond said. He paused for a moment. "Thranduil thought his son was fading because his nana had died, and so he sent him here."

"Poor elfling, he had no one except his father," Glorfindel said.