I.

This is NOT a stand-alone novel/story.

These are the bonus chapters of my story 'The Best Man'. I suggest you read that before reading this one. This contains major spoilers that you won't expect so PLEASE PLEASE, read 'The Best Man' before this. If you have read 21 chapters of TBM you can proceed.

Also, this has a little bonus preview of Chapter 22 but in Nate's POV.

PS: this whole short story will be in Nate's POV.

----/----

It had been about a year since I moved back to New York. After Alexa distanced herself from me, I didn't have a purpose in L.A, I could just easily move my business back to New York anytime I wanted, since the headquarters were in New York.

Things had changed. She didn't want anything to do with me, and now it started to feel like I didn't either. What mattered was that Alexa and Jesse could now lead a proper life with a kid to raise.

And now it almost felt like I had no feelings for her. It was like I had never even met her. But it wasn't like that, because if I hadn't met her, I wouldn't have met Veronica.

Veronica and I had been together for more than six months now and no matter how much Alexa disliked Veronica, Veronica proved her wrong. She wasn't what Alexa pictured her to be.

She was beautiful, intelligent, hard-working, caring. She was the perfect definition of the girl I could take to meet my parents. The only problem being that my mother didn't like her. Dad was indifferent, he didn't care who I dated, she just had to be someone with morals and values. Madison didn't like her either. Every time I took Veronica to see my parents when Madison was there, she used to disappear.

It actually pissed me off. Why was Madison stuck over Alexa when I had already let go of her.

Whatever Alexa and I had was wrong anyway. I was deceiving my best friend in the process. The best friend I hadn't seen in months. I could still remember the day when he called me and thanked me for my 'services'.

Alright, those weren't his words, he thanked me for filling his life with happiness. By filling mine with void.

He just didn't add the last part even though we both knew he wanted to.

I hadn't seen Alexa after that time Brooke called me to her house. I had been so worried but now it just felt like a distant memory.

Brooke and I still remained friends, I visited her once while she was at a premiere in New York. She was still a good friend and I didn't plan on that changing anytime soon.

The best part, she didn't make a comment about Veronica. I loved that she accepted someone she hated just because she was the cause of my happiness.

But just because Alexa wasn't a part of my life anymore and I didn't love her anymore didn't mean that I didn't occasionally think of her.

I didn't miss her. I missed what we had. I missed how easy it was to talk to her or be with her. I missed the feeling of her in my arms. I missed the soft kisses she would give me. I missed her signature 'Dior' scent. But I didn't miss her.

I sighed and closed my eyes shut, trying to get rid of memories.

That's all they were. Memories. And I was happy with that. I was moving forward, Alexa just held me back.

"Babe, what are you thinking about?" Veronica asked, munching on cashews while she stroked my hair gently.

My head was in her lap while she watched some fashion show on the TV. She lazily ran her fingers through my hair and I got to look up at the most beautiful sight in front of me.