II.

WARNING: SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I sighed sitting back on the love seat in our bedroom.

This couldn't be real. I was pretty sure I had hallucinated every single thing that had happened. Every night for the past two years, I had mentally prepared myself that I would have to face her one day, one way or another and now when I did face her, I forgot about the whole two year preparation.

I would have ignored her, I would have stuck with the preparation I had been doing if I hadn't met the baby version of Alexa.

Rosie.

She had been on my mind for the past five days. It had been five days since I had first seen her in that grocery store and I was sure I had mentally made up 80% of whatever that had happened.

Rosie was the reason I had forgotten every rule I had made up about Alexa. They came as a package and no matter how much I didn't want to fall back in to the Alexa situation, I wanted to be a part of my child's life.

And then, when I saw them at their house, I was sure that my walls were breaking. As much as I wanted to stay away from her, Rosie was the reason I couldn't.

I sighed, again, and contemplated on hitting my head against the wall.

I had been on caffeine for the last day and I hadn't gotten a blink of sleep. Veronica on the other hand, was sprawled across my bed, sleeping soundly.

Maybe the caffeine was playing with my mind, though because in the next second I could hear her.

"Baby, come back to bed." She whined.

I sighed, "You sleep, V, I can't sleep so I'll watch TV or something."

"Okay but I'm expecting you to make this up in the morning," She said, seductively.

I didn't know how she could go from sleepy to seductive in a second. Maybe it was a talent.

I kept thinking about her special 'talent' as I moved to the living room couch and fell on it, getting comfortable. Veronica was beautiful, there was no doubt about it.

If it had been any other day, I would have jumped her bones, but not today. A bomb had been dropped on me from the moment I had found out that Rosie was my kid and I wasn't expected to just move along with my life without even thinking things through.

Especially when she was this mesmerizing child I wanted to keep forever. She was beautiful and I didn't know if it was possible to be protective over her after a few days of knowing her but I felt that way.

I wanted to take every responsibility that came along with being a dad. I wanted to be a dad to Rosie.

I sighed, yet again, and closed my eyes trying to get some sleep but the caffeine was apparently still fresh in my system. Damn it.

What bothered me even more was the fact that Alexa passed me smiles as if nothing had ever happened but both of us knew what happened.

My mind drifted back to that night I was at their place. She didn't want to show it but I knew that she was relieved because of my presence.

But she had also been surprised by the fact that Rosie warmed up to me quickly. Rosie had been an angel. She looked at me with those beautiful big blue eyes like she was accepting me as a part of her family.

She seemed obsessed with a toy giraffe which I later realized was a Teether and then I figured out why she had been cranky. She was teething. I knew that Alexa knew about the problem but maybe Rosie was missing me a little too. Even if I had met her once before. And the truth was that I had been missing her too.