Lean on me

"The real question is why do people fall in love when they're always breaking up? Isn't love supposed to be forever? Fairy tales aside, even in this day and age there is a chance that when you find your soulmate you'll just know.. even if you've known someone nearly all their life but it takes you years to realise they're the one.. it can happen the opposite way too, I do believe that someone could fall in love with a stranger at first sight...and to me that's the most beautiful love of all. " It four in the afternoon and I had just finished my article for my column. Concluding it with a few of Susan's own words that still echoed in my ears.

If it wasn't for us needing to work I could have stayed with her in that cafe for hours...

I poured my heart out to her..

It wasn't enough.. I have to do more to win her heart...

But she still has that boyfriend...

She could do so much better than him..

Why can't she understand how much I love her?

But who was I kidding? To Susan I was just a stranger who she had befriended. I was most likely going to be a casual acquaintance in her eyes. She meant more to me than anything. I didn't even want that coffee date to end.

"Wow that's some great work their Bob," Chandler commented after reading the article, something I either asked him or Eva to do just so they could proofread my work. Excellent grammar is crucial if you want to succeed in the journalist industry. "I'm sure it's going to do wonders to your already high number of female readers," my colleague laughed as I sent the finished article to the editor. Glad that I let Susan talk me out of writing the generic idea I was going to use for my column before she and I met up earlier that day.

"Thanks buddy, but there's only the impression of one woman that matters me," I was more than quick to reply as I sent the finished article my column that week to the editor. It was unbelievable how Susan made me feel, I didn't want to be anywhere else but in her company and I was still trying to come to terms that I actually met up with her for coffee. Usually the only time I ever spent with her was on the train ride to work.

I noticed Chandler smirk at my words and raised an eyebrow towards him. "Ah that's right, Eva told me you and your new crush had a date this afternoon. How did it go?" My colleague asked me as he brought a chair closer to my desk so we could talk. He was after all my best friend, along with Eva.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. As much as I wished it were, the visit to the cafe with Susan was not date. Well not to Susan anyway.. It really had been the highlight of my day and I had no idea if that was ever going to happen again. I hoped it would. "It wasn't a date Chandler...but it was amazing I answered with a fond smile, thinking over to earlier that day. "I know we just talked about the article but man... Susan is so honest and genuine. Every word she said just made me fall all the more in love with her. I've never enjoyed someone's company more."

"Oh thanks, I'll be sure to tell Eva that," Chandler commented with sarcasm, although I knew he was joking with me. That was the kind of man he was. "But seriously Bob, I'm happy for you, you got to spend time with the woman you're head over heels for. Did you happen to tell her how you felt?"

How could I have?

If only I did....

Would she have thought me a creep?

How do I know if the feeling is mutual...?

I doubt she even has any feelings for me at all..