f

(A/N: This is a short story based on the song titled "Fourth of July" by Fall Out Boy. Each chapter will begin with lyrics from the song that will be in bold. The whole book will be told in Chresanto's point of view, I hope you enjoy).  

You and I were fire.

Jacob was not my first love, nor was he my second, third, or fourth, but I loved him

Jacob was not my first love, nor was he my second, third, or fourth, but I loved him. I loved him so much more than I thought I possibly could. I knew what it felt like to fall in love, but with Jacob it was different, it was better. I was cold before I met him, just going through the motions of life.

Wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to my college classes, arrive back at my cheap apartment, complete my assignments, eat dinner, sleep, wake up... Start all over again.

When I was dating Jacob, it was wonderfully different. My routine wasn't boring anymore, I had something to look forward to.

Wake up, send or receive a good morning text, get dressed, think about the color of Jacob's eyes as I ate breakfast, walk with him to our classes, go to work and secretly text him, arrive back to my cheap apartment, complete assignments while also face timing Jacob, go somewhere with him to eat dinner, sleep, wake up... Do it all over again.

This time I didn't mind it though... Because I had Jacob. I told him how he had came into my life and changed it into something good, something I enjoyed experiencing, especially with him. Jacob had smiled, murmuring gently about how he was glad that he could be the change that I needed. He told me I had changed things for him too, he told me that I was the first person at our college to acknowledge him.

"What was it that made you notice me again?" He had asked one day, looking at me with curious eyes that were oh so pretty.

"I ran into you while trying to get to my class, I was running late and you weren't".

"Then what happened?"

"I apologized profusely, lifting you up and placing you back on your feet. I stared at you when I noticed how out of this world you looked, at how beautiful your eyes were, the way your hair framed your face, your long curly eyelashes and your tongue that came out to wet your naturally soft pink, plump lips. I stared at you like I knew you were the one for me".

"Do you remember what I did?"

"Of course, you apologized when I was the one who had done wrong, then you walked off and I was scared".

"Why?"

"I was scared I would never see you again, that I would lose you".

Jacob had reached for my hand, slipping his fingers in between mine.

"You didn't lose me".

Jacob had made me feel something I'd never felt before, he made me feel warm. It was like he was a fire, a warm sense of comfort.

Everyone knows, however, that if you play with fire, you are bound to get burned.