.

I'm sorry every song's about you, the torture of small talk with someone you used to love.

I didn't want to leave my apartment today because I knew what today meant to me, and I wanted to spend the night inside so I could avoid the memories, but I couldn't do that

I was back at the bar, sitting on stage with my guitar resting on my thigh and my pick between my fingers. I needed more money for my medicine, and I also needed to buy Leo more cat food. I had a handful of songs that I would be singing tonight.

Everyone in the bar was looking at me and I began to wonder why I did this. Why did I sing in front of people if I didn't like to be the center of attention? Oh, yeah... The money.

"It's me again... Chresanto" I spoke quietly into the microphone, "I have a, uh... I have some songs that I've written. I decided to just call this the untitled series because I'm terrible at coming up with titles for my songs".

No one said anything. I wasn't really expecting them to. I glanced around the bar and caught Paul's gaze, he smiled at me.

"Okay, here we go".

I began to sing the first song on my list, it was about Jacob and how he'd made me feel when we first met. My second song was about Jacob too, actually all of my songs were about Jacob because he was the only thing that's been on my mind other than my illness.

I was in the middle of my third song when the door to the bar opened and Elijah, Ray, and Jacob walked in. It took everything in me not to stop singing and walk off of the stage. I didn't want to sing in front them, or even be in the same room.

They found a table to sit at and ordered a few drinks, I tried really hard not to look at Jacob when I knew he was looking at me. My eyes looked everywhere but at his table while I sang countless songs that were all about him.

When I was finished, I thanked everyone for listening to my music, packed my guitar in its case, picked up my notebook and walked off of the stage. Paul gave me my white envelope and told me I did a really good job.

I tried booking it out of the bar because I didn't want to talk to Jacob, but of course, he wasn't going to let me leave without speaking to me.

"You sounded really great" Jacob stated, blocking my path.

I stared at him because he looked the same. I wasn't expecting him to look different honestly. I wonder if I looked any different to him.