o

You were my Versailles at night.

Versailles is a palace in France with a garden full of fountains

Versailles is a palace in France with a garden full of fountains. At night they light up for a beautiful light and water show. I heard it's really a sight to see.

Jacob was my Versailles at night.

Whenever I was feeling really down and couldn't see through the darkness, I would always look to Jacob. He was my light in the darkness, the one thing that really stood out when nothing else could. He was the only one who could coax me out of feeling like I wasn't really worth anything.

I had texted Jacob one night that I was feeling down, a lot more than usual, and he came over and we sat down in my bedroom and talked about how I was feeling. He would ask me questions and I would answer truthfully because I could never lie to him.

"How sad do you feel right now?"

"On a scale of one to ten?"

"Yeah".

"Eight".

"Okay, then I'll tell you eight things that I like about you".

"That's a lot of things".

Jacob had pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"Shh, you're distracting me. Okay, one, I like your body. Two, you have a very nice voice. Three, you're very good at songwriting. Four, the way you're able to play the guitar is amazing. Five, I enjoy your taste in movies. Six, you are very good at listening. Seven, I enjoy seeing you're beautiful smile. Eight, you are an amazing person who deserves the world".

"I wouldn't say the world, that's a bit much. I'm not worth all of that".

"Sure you are".

"I wish you wouldn't lie to me, I don't like it when you do".

That's when things began to get rough between the two of us. I wouldn't put in the effort, and Jacob put in too much.