5-America

The rebel alarms had not sounded yet. America still had time to warn Prince Maxon. She moved swiftly towards the third floor, careful as to not be caught.

One rebel stayed at her side and was her lookout.

"Go guard the staircase," she commanded. The rebel sped off.

America ducked into Maxon's room, locking the door behind her. She saw his silhouette on the balcony, his back was to her.

She slowly walked up behind him and placed her hand over his mouth. The hood of her coat was still pulled down, hiding her face in a small shadow.

Maxon struggled but stopped when she placed a knife at his throat.

"Don't move, don't speak," America hissed quietly.

"I'm going to let you go. Turn around slowly. I'm not going to hurt you," America dropped her arms and stepped backwards.

Maxon spun around, fear livid in his eyes. America felt a small pinch of guilt for startling him but pushed it down. She had a job to do.

"The rebels are here. The alarms should be going off soon. I came here to warn you," America kept her voice quiet.

"You're a murderer!" He gaped at her. America shook her head.

"I've never killed anyone. But I'm not explaining that now. So just listen to me-" America told him. Maxon shook his head, greatly confused.

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked. America had a lot of secrets that couldn't be told. Too many things to be understood how.

"I'm trying to save you and your family. The selected too. So if there is anyone you want to get now, do it soon," America knew there wasn't a lot of time before Aspen led another group of rebels around the palace.

They were Southern rebels. They weren't afraid of death or destruction. But America didn't want that.

She pushed her hood down, revealing her face.

"You're the one from before," he gasped. America nodded, hoping Maxon was beginning to trust her.

"Yes. So go now. Save the ones you love," America said. Maxon nodded.

"May I get your name?" Maxon turned back to her, walking towards the door. America paused and shook her head.

"It's safer if you don't know."

I'm so sorry this was really bad. My mental illnesses have been really kicking me and it's really hard to shake off. I'm really sorry for that. But I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.
-Amber