•2• Mark

-Jack-

Mark seemed like a cool guy. He talked about living in Hawaii until middle school, and how his dog, Chica, was named after a video game character.

I tell him about Ireland, and the traditions. I tell him how hard it was to completely learn English. Not even English, the American slang and all that.

We make our way to the band class, and we walk into the room.

The second I walk in, I could tell the band teacher is kind of a whack.

All over the room, along with instruments, are pictures of pineapples. Plus, stuffed animals are scattered. Everything was brightly colored, and there was a wall with all his students names on it.

I sit down next to mark, since I kinda know him. I continue to intake the room. It is nearly the definition of crazy. But the good crazy.

"HEEEEELLLOOOOOO CLASS!" I jump about a foot in the air when the lady comes in. "Oh, I forgot! WE HAVE A NEW STUDENT!" She jumps up and down, hyped to have another person in this class. She beckons me to the front of class.

I get up and stand in front of the class.

Then she hands me a roll of toilet paper.

"Uh, what?" I ask, examining the roll of TP.

"Take as many or as little squares of toilet paper on the roll." I give her a weird look.

"What's it for?" I ask. She giggles.

"That's a secret."

Well I really like the number 15...

I carefully unroll 15 squares of toilet paper. The class giggles, and I realize I probably made a mistake.

"SOOOO NOW... A FACT ABOUT YOU PER SQUARE." She squeals.

15 facts? Do I even have 15 facts?

Ripping off one piece I start off with the obvious. "My name is Sean, but I prefer Jack."

2. "I was born and nearly raised all the way in Ireland."

3. "There is probably more people in this school then my entire town in Ireland."

4. "I have moved 3 times."

5. "My favorite color is green..."

6. "I like to wear hoodies and skinny jeans."

7 "I live with my dad"

8. "I like twenty øne piløts" a few squeals ring around the room from that.

I'm running out of things.

9. "I like dogs"

10. "I'm not big on the sports thing."

11. "Um... I want to do something with videos or recording in the future...."

12. "Does 'I'm running out of things to say' count?" I ask. She shakes her head, denying my request. "Well... I never broken a bone."

13. "I have an older sister"

14. "I like potatoes"

AND

15. "I've dyed my hair twice."

FINALLY. THAT WAS PAINFUL.

The kids sniggered as I took my seat.

"What a boring guy..." Some kid whispers.

"What you expect? He's Irish." (NO OFFENSE TO ALL THE IRISH PEOPLE, ITS PART OF THE BOOK!) I roll my eyes at that stereotype.