I'm leaving Liz

It has been two months since that night behind the PG when Evan claimed he loved me and ever since that night he has done nothing but prove that statement to be true. We made it official a month after that night and I couldn't be more happy. I love Nancy and my mom loves Evan and things are starting to look yo for me and my family since I'm not the only one dating in my house. My mom ran into an old fling from high school the night she went out with friends and left us to go get Chinese, and they have been hanging out a lot, my mom didn't want to consider it dating yet but I see how Lance looks at her and I'm hoping things turn around for my mom. As for Claire, she has taken a liking to certain blonde haired cowboy named Drew who just so happened to be Evans best friend.

"Penny for your thoughts" Evan said pulling me closer to him as I rested my head against his chest.

We were layed back on a blanket in the middle of a field watching the stars.

"I never in a million years would have thought I would be falling for the southern gentlemen, actually I would have never thought I'd even be here" I said a little sadly.

"What can I say I have a certain charm about me that makes me irresistible" I nudged him in the side.

"You miss it huh?"

"A lot, but I mostly just miss my dad and all the good times we had in the city, but I am glad I met you 

Just wish it was under different circumstances"

"It's hard I know, I know you have noticed that my dad isn't around and I know you haven't brought it up and thank you for that because I wasn't ready to talk about it yet but I am now" he said softly beside me. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and he began talking.

"My dad hasn't been in our lives for a long time. I remember him working a lot when me and tuck were young, when he was home him and my mom would argue and fight a lot, she would always ask the same question, were you with her? And at the time I didn't put two and two together but anyways, one week my dad left like always for business but this time my mom begged and pleaded for him to stay but he ignored her and left and that was the last time I saw my dad, he hasn't once tried to get in touch with me or tuck and I didn't understand why, when me and tuck were 15 we looked for my dad, we called his work explained who we were and the lady gave us his address. We went that next Saturday, we took my moms car illegally drove 2 hours away only to find my dad outside playing with two small kids and a very familiar looking lady in his yard. It was like a slap in the face, it was like we weren't good enough for him, so he forgot about us and started over again, I've never seen him again, and don't want to we found out later that the reason the lady looked so familiar was because she was me and tucks babysitter and she was still in high school when they were seeing each other, what kind of sick person leaves his wife and two kids to date a girl still in high school, it just doesn't make sense Liz" he said looking defeated and sad as he let tears down his face.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, but you're so much better without him, you have a mother and brother that love you so much" I said trying to reassure him that nothing was his fault.

"But he doesn't, don't you see, we weren't good enough for him so he left us without even looking back and went to be with a girl not even out of high school, why was I not good enough?" He broke my heart with his question.

"You're good enough, you're good enough to your family and friends and you are more than good enough for me" I said leaning up to kiss him with all I had.