Chapter Fifteen ~ Møm

The concert was in two days.

Kalana felt sick.

She literally hadn't slept in days. The person that had called her work wouldn't leave her alone. Threatening text messages, weird voicemails, you name it.

She had to talk to someone about it.

"Wait. So you're saying I'm not the only one with a terrible mom?"

Kal sighed, nodding. "No. You're not."

Oli stared at her older friend with apologetic look. "So, what exactly does she want from you? I mean... did she like threaten you or something...?"

"Kind of? I dunno. I'm just really scared of her," she mumbled, stirring the straw in her drink. "I ran away for a reason, y'know. She's unneccesarily violent and takes delight in hurting people's feelings. But if you went out in public, you'd never know. She's so two-faced."

The younger girl made a face, twisting her hips so that the barstool she was sitting on would turn slightly back and forth. "It's the same with my mom, really. But at least she's trying to give me a good future. Helping me with school, sometimes. She only really gets unbearable when it comes to music. She was never... actually abusive."

"You're lucky."

"How... how did you get out...?"

She leaned forward against the countertop, scratching the back of her head. "Brandon, my boyfriend and I, have known each other since we were eight years old. We were best friends for years, and sophmore year of high school, he asked me out and we've been dating since.

"Well, he started picking up on the abuse early on in our relationship. Bruises on my arms and legs, sometimes a black eye I hadn't covered up all the way. Once we were juniors, it got so bad he was actually terrified for my safety and he called the police. After talks of being possibly forced into a foster home, and moving away from my life... Brandon decided to help me run away.

"Which, I did. Got a job. And I've been fine ever since."

"Up until now, right?" Oliver asked with a frown.

"Uh-huh."

"Well... I'm sorry, Kal. I hope this goes away."

"Yeah, me too."

~~~

A/N: hey guys. I know this was short, but I wanted to give you a little something because the wait's just been so long and i feel wretched.

Thanks for your support. I love and appreciate you all, so much <33

Im so sorry for my outburst, but most of the responses (except for one) were positive. And you deserve some writing, even if its just a little bit.

Stay street |-/

~Problem Kid