This Can't be Love

Hey I am so so so sorry I haven't updated in forever! I gave up on the book and this profile but then, I decided to reread it and found that I really liked it xD that doesn't make me sound conceded does it? O.o oh whale!! Enjoy!

***

Chapter Two

October 13

I look around and see I'm in a dark, unfamiliar room. I wasn't quite sure how I got here but I felt as if there were a reason I was here. I try to move but see that I'm somehow strapped to the wall behind me. I try to get away but can't, so I give up and slump against the cold surface. I hear foot steps come from somewhere and strain my eyes to see. However, there is nothing there.

Then, I feel the hot breath on my neck, "Hello Brianna Troy." The voice sound familiar and it keeps repeating my name until I'm shaking. And then my eyes open and I'm back in my room, my dad shaking me awake.

"Jesus Dad, you scared me!" I whisper-yell. He just laughs at me.

"I'm sorry, hunny. It's time to get ready for school. You have some friends to make, I believe." I groan loudly, putting a pillow over my head. "Oh come on! You already have one, that Dylan kid. I say that's a good start. And since he's our neighbor, he can help you with anything involving school." He says, yanking my blanket off me, which he knows I hate.

"I'm up, I'm up! Now just get out!" I whine but he laughs, causing me to laugh along. No matter what he's done, I can't help loving my dad. He leaves and I drag myself out of bed.

I walk over to my vanity and sit down, getting out my makeup bag. I look into my mirror and see those familiar circles under my eyes and the pale, frowning lips. Hopefully this year will be better for me. Maybe we will stay here longer and I can be normal. Man, that would be nice.

I get my foundation out and pat under my eyes until I look normal once again. I cover my eye lids in a light brown eyeshadow and a thin line of eyeliner. Too much makeup against my pale skin and I look like a zombie. After I'm done, I straighten my hair and put on a blue dress. I slip on some white Vans and grab my grey backpack then slip out the door.

As I walk down the steps, I stop when I hear a voice other than my dads... The one from my dream. I couldn't make out what they were saying but it didn't sound dangerous so I continued down the stars and into the living room. There, my dad and (whoop dee doo) Dylan sat. I should've seen it coming.

"Hello Brianna." Dylan said, standing up and walking over to me.

"I told you, it's Bri." I mumble, walking past him. What was up with this kid? Can't he see I don't like him?

"Bri," my dad began. "Dylan offered to drive you to school today. Isn't that nice? You won't have to worry about riding the bus this year!" He said enthusiastically. I just glare at Dylan.

"Oh joy. I'm absolutely ecstatic." I say, emotionlessly. Dylan just smiles at me. That little...

"Brianna, be nice. I have to go to work." My father said, kissing me on the forehead. "Eat some breakfast before you go and have a great day!" And with that, he was out the door, leaving me with this... thing.

I walk to the kitchen without looking at him, but I hear his footsteps follow me. "Take your time Brianna, we have plenty of time." This made me stop in my tracks. He was talking to me as if I were his property.

I spin on my heels to face him and he was uncomfortably close. I tilt my head up to look at him, hoping to keep the stern look on my face. But he just smiled down at me, making my legs feel weak again. I felt myself starting to slip; both into a trance and to the floor. He caught me swiftly by my arm before I could go far. I, now out of whatever trance that was, began to grow angry.