This Can't Be Love

Chapter Three

October 13

I sighed as the final bell rang. It was finally over! I smiled to myself at the thought of going home, getting into pajamas, and watching some TV. I went to my locker to get my bag. I pulled out my schedule, which had my locker combination, and started putting it in. Before I finished though, a hand rested on my locker.

I look up to see Dylan staring back at me. I scoff and put in the last number, opening the locker and throwing his hand off. "What do you want?" I ask.

"I wanted to apologize fo-" I laugh, cutting him off.

"You want to apologize? Ha! You really think-" this time, he cut me off by slamming my locker shut. Luckily for me, I had gotten my bag out and my fingers weren't in the way. The few people that were left in the hallway stared, but Dylan didn't seem to care.

"Let me finish. Please." He said, his voice low and intimidating. I nod and he sighs, letting his hand fall from my now sad looking locker. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I um... just have a tendency to help people out. You see," he chuckles, now seeming like his normal self. "I'm not your stereotypical teenage boy. I actually care about other people's well being." He leaned back so I was not uncomfortably close to him.

I felt bad now. I really did snap at him but I didn't want to. "I'm sorry, I just got real tired of people treating me like I'm a helpless little girl. But thank you for that." I offer him a smile and he returns it, looking as cheeky as ever.

"So I have another chance?" He asks, raising an eyebrow, his smile still controlling his lips. This made me laugh. That goof ball. I barely know him and I already feel like he's my life long friend.

"Of course." I sling my bag over my shoulder and start towards the front doors.

"Yes!" He laughed and jogged to catch up with me. "Need a ride, babe?" He elbowed me but I found no words coming out of my mouth. I know he was joking when he said babe but I couldn't help but blush. If you can't tell, I don't usually have boys all over me. Well, it isn't plural in this situation (or any) but you know what I mean.

"U-Uh y-yeah." I stutter out and he laughs, looking at me. I roll my eyes, trying to shake off my blush. We got to his car and he opened the door for me.

"M'Lady." He held out his arm and I glared at him.

"I can't tell if you're flirting or sucking up to me." I say playfully as I get in the car. Dylan shuts the door behind me and speaks to me through the open window.

"It will forever me a mystery!" He winks and walks around to the drivers side. He gets in and turns on music.

"This is my favorite mix CD," he says. "If you like it, you can borrow it." He mumbles before pushing play. Voodoo by Godsmack turns on and I gasp.

"Oh my, a jock likes Godsmack!" I turn towards him and he stares at the road, shrugging slightly.

"So? My parents were the ones who introduced me to that kind of music."

"Well then I simply must meet them!" I laugh.

"Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen..." He said quietly. Before I could say anything about it, he pulled in front of my house and quickly said, "bye! See you tomorrow!" and waved.

"Um bye. Maybe you could come over for a proper dinner tonight?" I smile while I open the door. I step out and look back in. He takes a peek at my now partially exposed cleavage before nodding his head.

"When?"

"I'm not sure, my dad won't be home till 5:00. Could I um.. get your number? I'll just text you when I find out." He smiles at me and I smile back. What is up with me? Why am I being so outgoing and social? Well, it is only with one guy so it's not a big accomplishment.