ONE - The Morning Routine [EDITED]

A/N: I've heard wives called their husbands 'dad' and husbands 'mum', so that their children won't call their parents by their first name. But some couples get used to it, that they often call themselves that, despite the fact that their children have grown. The characters will only be called 'Mum' and 'Dad', I'll reveal the names later ;).

"

ONE
The Morning Routine

Mum turned to her side to see the digital clock, telling her it was 6:00 in the morning. Thirty minutes earlier than the time she had set the alarm to ring. She smiled to herself, and decided to sleep thirty more minutes, instead of getting up. However...

"Mum..." a soft voice called her awake.

She sighed, and rose from the bed, to find her sons, Elijah and Elis, at the beds footing.

"What's wrong?" her brows furrowed in worry, seeing her son's current expression.

"The monster..." Elis began.

She sighed, and got out of bed. How many times had she told her children not to watch horror movies, only for them to disobey, and watch it with their friends, behind their parents' backs. "Don't tell me you slept there?!" she said referring to the bed's footing.

The two boys looked at each other guiltily, before nodding in unison.

"Dee..." she shook her husband awake, but there was no response. "I know you're awake..." she said, knowing her husband to be a bit of a light sleeper.

"Mmm?" he let out groggily.

"Move a bit... the boys are here..."

Dad slowly sat up to see his two sons, looking petrified, and then moved bit, making some space for them to lie down on.

She then decided to get up, so that the boys would have enough space to lie down on and catch a bit more sleep, before deciding to start doing the routines early.

"Don't get up yet..." she said to her husband, asking him to stay in bed to watch the two boys.

"I won't..." he whispered softly, before she left the room, and closed the door behind her.

**********

After she finished preparing breakfast, and the boy's uniforms, she headed back upstairs to wake her boys up. Sadly, no matter how loud the alarm is, they were still asleep. By the time she had reached the room, her expression softened at the sight before her.

Elijah and Elis were sound asleep, as their father embraced them, and they cling to him like he was a bolster. She decided not to wake them up and took her phone on the side to take a good quick picture.

She and her husband didn't exactly have a good childhood, so it came as a surprise to her up to this day, that they got married and end up having children. It also came as a surprise to her that she and her husband are doing quite well raising the family.

The digital clock rang softly, but to her surprise, her husband quickly pressed the snooze button, while his eyes were closed.

"Aha!" she said to herself, as she approached the bed to wake everyone up. "Everyone up! up! up! it's 7:00! you have to get ready for school!" she said, as she approached the bed and shook everyone awake.

The boys woke up, groggily and reluctantly got out of the bed, but turned completely awake upon smelling the aroma of breakfast from below.

"Is that bacon?" Elijah said, as he quickly got out of the room, sniffing the smell. He and his twin Elis quickly got out of the room, their small footsteps, tapping against the cold hardwood floor.