TWO

A/N: Chapter 2 is up! A bit of intimacy here and there. Hinted 'Smut' but nothing explicit at all.

TWO

'Mee' got home early that day from work, and quickly took off her pumps, placing it on the shoe rack, near the front door. 'Dee' and the children aren't around, and this will be the only time she could enjoy the space.

She quickly headed to the fridge, and opened the bottle of wine that she had saved, pouring herself a glass. Making sure the coast is clear, before downing the whole thing, due to the fact that her husband and their children, often have the habit of jolting her in surprise.

After downing the glass of wine, she checked the fridge, to see and decide what to make for dinner. There was a large halibut steak that she had told herself earlier to cook, but had forgotten. She quickly took it out, thawing it, and proceeded to cook the veggies first.

During her days as a single woman, she only cooked for herself, quick and simple meals, something she was used to. But as she began to have a family, portions turned bigger, and children became picky eaters. She had to think and plan meals for her children to eat, especially one that would agree to their palette, and is healthy at the same time. Though she would rather spend her 'free' time relaxing, it did cross her mind that her children might be hungry by the time they get home. A typical worry of mothers everywhere.

Suddenly, she heard the car's engine outside. She turned around, knowing it was her husband, as she watched him enter through the back door.

"You're early..." he said, and smiled, whilst he loosened his necktie in the process.

"Yes... but I'll just finish this, and then I'll go to bed early, I need to pay my sleep 'debt'." she said, as she brought her attention back to the stove.

"That smells good..."he complimented, as he looked over what she was cooking.

"I'll be done in a while, you could eat first." she said.

"I was thinking of taking them 'hunting'..." he mentioned their planned family holiday, once the school break starts.

"Deer or game birds?"

"Game birds... pheasant rather. Deer is too cruel for me..." he said.

She then turned to look at him, and raised her eyebrows. "Since when did deer hunting became so cruel for a man like you?"

He chuckled. "It has always been for me... the creature is too innocent and magnificent to be killed." he added, knowing his wife was a bit of an 'anti-hunting' advocate.

She nodded in agreement and said no more.

The sound of his footsteps approaching from behind her was heard, and then he leaned in to grab the glass of wine she had kept beside her, and downed it in one go.

"I see someone does not want to share..." he said, as he looked at the empty glass of good wine he had just drunk.

"I was drinking that..." she said, with a slightly peeved expression.

"That was good, where's the rest? Which one was it?" he said, referring to their small wine cellar, and then, leaned in, placing his chin on her small shoulder.

"Won't tell you..." she said, as she grinned at him. The wine was a very expensive one, that she had won during an office party. She thought of keeping and enjoying it for herself, as it was the only expensive wine she had 'won' and gotten for free. She felt a sense of pride with herself, obtaining it without her husband's money involve.