|Chapter Thirteen| Minor Setback

|Perspectives Key:

Mew - Mew

Mewtwo - Mewtwo

Arceus - Arceus

Yveltal - Yveltal

Xerneas - Xerneas

Darkrai - Darkrai

Giratina - Giratina
———————————————
~*Darkrai's POV*~

Darkrai sunk into a shadow, quickly making his way to where the kidnapped Pokémon were. He pushed himself up, rising out of a shadow. The room he had entered was bright.

That's strange. Telepathy said it was supposed to be dark in here...

Before he could do anything more, a vicious barking filled the air. A Mega Houndoom leaped at him and bit down on his arm. He tried to sink back into the shadow he came out of, but the Houndoom was preventing him from doing so.

What is with these Pokémon? First the Tyrunt and now you!

Then it hit him. Devin was behind all this. He was the only one he had seen that had Pokémon that could mess with him. Darkrai flung the Houndoom across the room, annoyed at this point. He used Dark Void on the dog Pokémon, causing it to fall asleep. He looked around and saw cages, each one with a Pokémon in it. Curiosity was looking at him with shock, as if he couldn't believe that Darkrai was there. Darkrai reached for the Fennekin's cage, but stopped and looked towards the door when he heard it opening. Devin stepped in, an Ultra Ball in his hand.

"I knew you'd come first, but where are the others? I figured Mew would be the distraction," Devin said, his eyes showing no mercy.

You knew we were coming?

"Liana called me earlier, saying that you, Mew, and her and her Pokémon would be coming to save these guys," he told him, gesturing towards the cages.

Darkrai growled under his breath, glancing from side to side. He looked at Devin one more time before quickly flying into a shadow. He heard Devin yell, but ignored it. He quickly got back to where Liana was waiting and rose up from a shadow. Liana turned to look at him.

"What happened?" She asked.

They knew we were coming...

Her eyes widened, "H-How?"

You called the kidnapper earlier, didn't you?

~*Liana's POV*~

Liana felt her jaw drop. The only person she had called earlier was Devin. Her brother couldn't have done it, could he? She looked at Telepathy, who was looking at her with questioning eyes.

"Who did you call?" Telepathy asked, his tail flicking.

"M-My brother..."

She looked at her hands. Her brother was behind all of this? She started to panic. What if Arceus got mad at her for letting this happen? What would happen to her brother? Her mind started whirling with possibilities. She started to hug herself, shutting her eyes. A shadowy hand placed itself on her shoulder.

Don't be scared, we can still free the kidnapped Pokémon.

Liana opened her eyes, which were filled with confusion and shock and worry, "B-But it was my brother that did it! How could he? How dare he?"

She felt anger bubble inside of her. Her brother was kidnapping Pokémon, probably for his own greedy intent. Her gaze turned from worry to rage within seconds. Darkrai, getting the hint of her anger, backed away, his blue eyes still watching her. She took out her anger on the nearest thing to her, which was a dead tree. She punched it, recoiling from the impact.

"Ow..."

That's what you get for punching a tree.

"Oh, shut up!"

Liana sighed, looking up at the sky. A thought hit her.

"We could ask Yveltal for help!" She suggested.

Liana had brought them to Yveltal's home, just incase they needed his help. If he was uncoorperative, she figured she could just use Arceus against him once again.

He wouldn't help us, he's always such a party pooper!

"I have to agree with Mew on this one," Telepathy said from beside the other psychic type.

I could scare him into helping us.

"And just how would you do that?" Liana asked.

I have my ways. Want me to demonstrate?

"No!" They all yelled in unison.

He's scary when he wants to be! Trust him on this one!

She held her hands up in defeat, "Okay! Darkrai, you win. Go scare him into it."

Darkrai nodded once before sinking into a shadow. She sighed, sitting down on a big rock. Telepathy sat next to her, and Mew hovered a foot or two above them.

"So, Mew, what exactly does Darkrai do to scare people?" Liana asked.

He used shadows and creepy noises, but I'm not sure exactly how he does it...

She nodded, "Okay, I'm just glad that I'm not in Yveltal's place."

Mew and Telepathy both nodded, their eyes widening when they heard a startled screech. Yveltal came flying out of his hole, his eyes filled with shock and horror. He saw Liana and dived towards her, landing behind her.

Help me!

Darkrai came floating up from the hole, his face and eyes emotionless as ever. He floated over to them, causing Yveltal to flinch. Liana held in a laugh.

W-Whatever you want, I'll do it! Just keep him away from me!

She slightly laughed, "Will you help us free the captured legendaries?"

That's what you wanted? You could've just asked me that!

Mew looked at Liana like 'Oops!'

"Well, what's done is done! Time to make a plan!"

Liana started forming the plan, discussing it with the Pokémon. This would either make or break their mission.

She would get her brother, and she would make him pay.

|Oh my Irene this is sooo overdue! I feel horrible for not updating sooner. Eh, at least I updated, right? Right? No? Okay ;-; Anyways, read on!|