Road Tunes

For once I've beaten the sun.

The sky is just beginning to gray above me but I've been up for a while now, making sure everything is as it should be and ready to go.

Because toady we leave for the beach.

I'd made all the preparations, everything was ready. Jessica and Grady would make sure my farm was completely in order while I was gone. Grady would even check up on Kana's horses for him.

It was only a night or two, we weren't completely sure how long we'd stay (More like Auother-chan doesn't know XD).

I finished folding the blue canopy and tucking it under the bench so the wagon would have more room. I had crates tucked along the edges with what we would need. I'd collected what everyone wanted to bring yesterday, dividing it between Kana and I's carts. Laney had packed the food for us that was in a small under compartment where it could stay the freshest. There was really nothing else to do now I'd taken care of everything.

With a sigh I hop up onto the wood bench and pick up Whispers reins. "Goodbye Meadow Farm, take care." I whisper foolishly, but I can't help it. I smile fondly at my home before clicking my tong. Whisper picks up her steady happy trot and draws me up into town.

~Le time skipy~

The sun has now almost fully risen, and the two towns are getting smaller and smaller behind us. I grin, completely happy.

Kana's cart travels a bit behind us, hauling Reina, Nori, Hiro, and a very grouchy Georgia who had gone over there to make sure that the horse was properly taken care of. She sat moodily on the bench beside Kana unable to come up with any reason to complain about as he whistled cheerily beside her. I chuckled to myself, shaking my head.

In my own cart a laid back Dirk sat next to a stiff Ash. Cam and Laney where fiddling with a box looking thingy across from them.

"No, this dial." Laney's voice cut through my thoughts, I glanced back at them.

"And nothing in this world could ever make me this happy-" The words blare out of the box, a radio it dawns on me. Laney squeals. (The song comes on the radio about 40 seconds in)

"So don't fall asleep, I'm yours to keep." She jumps up in the middle of the cart, hands swaying above her, "And from here on in, I'm giving it everything!" She sings, I laugh and join in, recognizing the song.

"Cause, nothing compares! To what we share! I don't have a care in the world."

She laughs and hops up onto my bench and we pick it up together, "Cause even if it all came crashing down, as long as you're around, I'll be safe and sound."

We're both laughing and dancing on the seat, looking like fools.

"I'll be safe and sound." We finish the song and fall into a fit of giggles (Yah, I skipped a bit).

"Well then, that was worth fixing the radio."

"Cam!" I try to glare but I can't stop laughing, "Here Laney, I gotta take care of this." I pass her the reins as a new song comes on.

"Kyaaa!" I leap into the back, tumbling to ground but not before I snatch Cam's hat.

"Hey! What happened to the good little Lillian?" Cam said reaching for his hat. I scramble backwards in the tight space bumping into Ash's and Dirk's legs as I laugh.