CH. 6

Backstory time

3rd POV

A 15 year old (Y/n) was walking up a hill while his father and mother were behind him. His mother was holding his two months old sister. Once he got to the top he looked at a tall colony ship that was getting ready to launch "Which planet is that one going to?" he asked his father who thought for a second "that's ones going to Venus" and he looked back at the ship as various pipes disconnected from the ship "I'm gonna go to Venus" he said and his mother sat on the grass next to them "Sure you will, just put your mind to it and anything can happen" and the colony ship's engines roared to life sending a wave of sand and dust around the area. It was the peak of the golden age, humanity was exploring the solar system and living on planets that they once thought were inhospitable to life. It was also, when everything came down around them.

flash forward 5 years

A 20 year old (Y/n) was sitting behind a block of concrete shooting his auto rifle at fallen devils as he tried to cover the civilians trying to get to the last colony ship. He reloaded his gun just in time to shoot a vandal before it got to close "Everyone, we got to get back to the secondary position" his commander yelled as (Y/n) watched a skiff drop a devil walker and it started laying waste to them. (Y/n) sat back down as explosions happened around him and he heard the screams of agony from his friends as they were mercilessly hunted down by the fallen. He opened his eyes and saw a arc grenade land right next to him. The next thing he saw, was black.

(Y/n) POV

"guardian? Guardian? Come on, wake up" I heard a voice say. Wait, I thought I was dead? Am I not? How did I survive then? And I opened my eyes and saw a little floating white thing in front of me "Rise and shine guardian, listen, you've been dead for a very long time and I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but they have to wait, this isn't a safe place for us to stay, we have to get back to the city" and the white thing disappeared "Wait, what are you?" I asked thinking it was gone "I'm a ghost, well, your ghost, now let's get a move on" and I heard a howl I'm all to familiar with. I saw the wall or, what was left of it and I started running towards it. On the way I ripped a piece of white cloth that was stuck on a car and I wrapped it around my neck and head. I then noticed I wasn't naked or wearing my old uniform but something different. It was some type of material that was very easy to move in and comfortable at the same time. I pulled my make shift hood up over my head and it still had enough to go down to my hip but it was on one side. I got inside and I started walking down the halls and I heard lost of movement around me, in the walls and vents "Let's get some lights on, we won't survive with out them" my ghost said and popped up and started messing with the wires and I looked up and saw the lights illuminate a few dozen fallen that were crawling all over the place "There coming, quick, grab that rifle" my ghost said and I grabbed a khvostov, a weapon I'm very familiar with. I rounded a corner and gunned down a few dreg's and a vandal jumped on me. I grabbed my knife and stabbed it in the neck and pushed it off of me. "try these" my ghost said and I few grenades materialized on my belt. I grabbed one, armed it, and threw it at a few fallen in my way. It exploded killing them all and I ran more and ducked to avoid a few traps but I eventually made it outside. I looked out over the rocket yard and the burnt out tanks and destroyed fallen tanks 'damn, what did I miss while I was dead?' I thought as a fallen ketch broke orbit. It deployed skiffs and my ghost said "head for that building, there's a ship there we can use" and I ran across the field dodging shots from fallen and I broke down the door and went inside "Where is the ship ghost?" I said and he appeared "This way" and he lead me to a room with a blown out ceiling and an arcadia class jumpship being held up by wires. "You sure this thing will work?" I asked ghost as he examined it "Yep, it won't break orbit, but it'll get us to where we need to go" and I heard a roar behind me. I looked and saw a fallen archon crawling out of the hole in the wall. My ghost warped me inside the ship and we flew off. We kept flying till a huge city came into sight. "The city took centuries to build, now it feels like were counting every day it still stands" "I know, I was only 17 when they started it" I said and my ghost nodded and we flew up to the tallest tower. I looked out and saw the Traveler hovering above the city as lights flickered "This is the only place the traveler can still protect" and we landed on the tower "This is where the guardians live" and I saw a bunch of people walking around. they each had their own unique armor and weapons, most of it looked like it was from movies from when I was a kid. "First, let's get you acquainted with the vanguard" and my ghost lead me to a lower floor. I looked around and threw as a man with big armor and his helmet had horns on it "Who's that?" I asked ghost and ghsot said "That's lord shaxx, he runs the crucible" and he started talking with a few other guardians. At the end of the hall was a room with three people around a table, yelling at each other. I walked in hesitant about interrupting them "I don't care what you think Cayde, we need to examine it more closely!" the woman yelled at the exo "Whatever Ikora, what we should do is get in there I find out what there up to" he said and an awoken male let out a loud sigh "Our first priority should be making sure the city can hold out, then find out what their doing" and the exo looked at me "What is it?" and my ghost floated over to him "Cayde, I found you a new one" and his attitude then changed completely "Oh why didn't you say so, names Cayde-6, and miss uptight is Ikora" and she glared at Cayde but nodded at me "And that's commander angry or Zavala" and he also nodded at me "SO, a new hunter?" Cayde asked me "Yeah, sure" I said not sure of what I just got involved with "Great, let's get you started, go talk to Banshee and give him this and he'll supply you with a weapon" and he handed me a little card "thanks" I said and left the room. I walked bakc outside and ghost lead me to another exo and when I went up to him he said "So, what kind of gun you want?" and he voice was low a grunty. I handed him the card Cayde gave me and he nodded and held up four weapons. One was the Marshall-A auto rifle, the second was a scout rifle the Trax Callum I, the third was a pulse rifle the Psi Umbra I, and the third was a revolver, but it was like a normal revolver put on steroids, it was called the Duke mk. 21. "I guess I'll take this" and I pointed to the auto rifle since I'm most familiar with this type of weapon. He handed me the rifle and I clipped it to my back. I went up to the railing and looked out over the city and thought 'So, now I go from grunt in the military to basically a super hero, great, just great'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

more backstory next chapter on how you met your fire team and got your exotic hand cannon.