All Stars: Chapter 14

It was hard to face your fears. Especially when they involved the girl you were in love with. That was why Ashlyn was second guessing herself as she paced outside her and Ali's room. She knew the brunette was in there. She just didn't know what to say or how to say it. 

Gathering up every ounce of courage she had, Ashlyn knocked twice on the door and patiently waited for it to open. She took three deep breaths and ran a hand through her hair. The door swung open and Ali appeared, holding a TV remote and her phone. Her face fell when she saw Ashlyn and almost turned away.

"Al, wait," Ashlyn said, placing a hand on Ali's arm before she could leave. "I want to tell you something, and you have to promise not to kill me, okay?" 

Ali rolled her eyes and commented sourly, "Fine."

Ashlyn took a deep breath and looked at the brunette straight in the eyes. 

"When I first laid eyes on you, I instantly fell in love. I have fallen in love with everything about you, Ali. The way when you smile, your eyes become all squinty. How you straighten your hair every morning because you think it makes you prettier, even though I think you are beautiful anyways. The way you always bring me coffee in the morning and dark chocolate at night because you know it helps me sleep. I love you because you have the best and biggest heart in the world, even when you're grumpy or upset. I love that you make me laugh until my stomach hurts and our friends roll their eyes but we keep doing it because we know that it annoys them," Ashlyn breathed. "And I love how you always see the good in everyone and how you help me to do the same. I love the way you look at your brother, even though I only met him last week. I hope that someday you might look at me the same way." 

Ashlyn blushed and looked down. She couldn't meet Ali's hazel eyes. 

"Ash..." Ali whispered. Even though she wasn't looking, she knew the defender had tears dripping down her cheeks. A soft and gentle hand rested on Ashlyn's chin, lifting her head up. 

"I'm sorry..." Ashlyn muttered, sure that Ali didn't feel the same. She waited, but her roommate didn't speak. 

Instead, the brunette leaned in and connected their lips. Ashlyn just stood there in total shock for a moment before wrapping her arms around Ali's back and kissing her back with passion. The keeper could feel the steady drip of Ali's tears hitting her cheeks. She hoped they were happy tears. No. She knew they were happy. 

-

Kelley frowned as she looked at herself in the mirror. It didn't look right. She tilted her body to one side and huffed.

"This isn't pretty," she commented, running a hand through her freshly curled hair. Her roommate looked up at her. 

"Oh course it is!" Allie said, analyzing the black sleeveless dress she had laid out for Kelley. 

Tonight was the Autumn Formal- an event that half the undergrads had been dreading and half had been extremely excited about. And then there were the small column like Kelley, who could care less but was going because her friends were. Typically, students came with a date, but that tradition was apparently falling apart because Kelley and Allie knew a third of the college students were going with their squads. Even though Kelley's friends were all on the soccer team and most currently loathed her, a few such as Allie and Alex had forgiven her and agreed to be Kelley's "date". 

Allie was already dressed in a lacey navy blue dress that was cut at the knees. Her blonde hair was straightend and she wore white heels. Kelley's original plan was to wear the pale yellow dress she had worn for her last high school dance, but her roommate finally convinced her she needed some else. Something more mature. More cutting edge. Allie had dug through her closet and found the black dress. It was sleeveless and held up by a strap that went around Kelley's neck. 

"Kels, it looked great," Allie assured her, standing up and slipping a golden necklace on. 

"We better get going," Kelley muttered, checking the time. "Alex is meeting us in the common area at seven, right?" Allie nodded to confirm it. 

Kelley looked at herself one last time in the mirror, feeling only slightly more confident about her look. Allie rolled her eyes in the doorway, as if knowing what the girl was thinking. 

"Kelley, come on."

"All right, all right," Kelley wobbely walked to the door and joined Allie in the elevator. 

A few moments later, the duo was greated by a beautifully dressed Alex- she wore a red and purple flowered sleveless dress and her hair was tied up in an elegant knot. 

This was not the gruff and athletic Alex Morgan that Kelley and Allie were used to- this was obvious by the way their jaws almost touched the ground. Alex chuckled at their reaction. 

"You guys look good too. We're going to be late, let's go," she turned. Allie and Kelley shared a look. This was going to be an intresting night.

-

hello lovelies!! probably another update coming today and maybe one tomorrow, but I am camping from Monday to Thursday, so no updates then.

#KRASHLYN IS REAL

Anna