Chapter 1 : Escaping Reality

A knife on my hand, I was ready to charge forward towards the danger. I held the knife tight, my teeth clenched, I hate him so much. I thrust my hand directly to his chest, the knife penetrated through his skin quite easily, blood trickled down his chest and stained his shirt with pure red blood. How gruesome I have become and yet this is the fate I had to live with, the fate that I had to take. I stood up straight , I loosened my grip and threw the knife to the side. I walked pass the man I hated so much, the man who brought me this fate, the man who had ruined my life for this fate. I left him there even though he was still breathing. I whispered to him with a mocking smile on my face," are you happy with me now, papa?"

The man laughed and coughed up blood afterwards, he said," Yes, I'm very satisfied with you".
Yes, the man who I hated was my father, he raised me to be like this, he raised me to be a monster. I covered my left eye with my right palm, he took my left eye before and told me that I had made him happy. He told me that the eye he took away, will remain as a trophy for the monster he created. Yes, I am the monster and I will always remain a monster, until I die.

I went to my room , I took my clothes and went off with the car my dad always used. I drove off with a memory of pain, the memory that I will take until I die. The memory of a monster created by my father , which is myself.

My name is Rysmeth Amethyst, it's very unique, my mother gave me that name before my father killed her. She wanted to call me Aryssa but the word Aryssa sounded common to her so that's how my name changed to Rysmeth. I had a normal life back then until my father became obsessed with his project, he wanted to make the perfect soldier and asked for specimens, humans to be precise.

The government refused at his request and he used me and my mother instead.
My mother died at his first attempt, the serum was too strong it deformed her body and face before she died. I could see the horror in her eyes, my father looked quite unsatisfied as her limbs were weak and some didn't move at all. He pulled a gun out of his drawer and simply said, " sorry dear, I suppose the serum didn't work on my first attempt and I couldn't possibly keep you here alive with your current condition. sorry love, I must send you to your eternal slumber."

with one gunshot, he killed my mother, threw her body to the dumpster as if she was just a failed specimen and carried me to my bedroom saying that he would do the same with me once he recreates his serum and perfects it.

He did, he went back to his lab and did his work for at least 5 weeks and came out, dressed horribly and boggling eyes as if he had been staying up for days. He grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me to his lab. He tied me up on an operating chair and without hesitation, he injected me with his serum.

At first I felt a burning sensation coursing through my body and then it was so cold I was shivering. Then, the burning sensation coursed through my body again but this time, there was a sudden change in my left eye. My left eye became very sharp, it's as if my eye had been modified, I could see the fly in the lab flying around, I could see its exact movements.
That's when I knew that his serum worked but only to my left eye.

He asked me if I felt any difference and like a fool , I told him everything. He took a knife and pulled out my left eye. I shouted in pain and cursed him, he laughed at my left eye as if it was a huge success. However, he was still not satisfied and cleaned my ripped out eye, put it in a jar and placed it in a glassed cabinet. He even wrote the word ,"first success!", on the jar.

He washed my severed eye socket ,bandaged it and wore an eye patch on my severed eye. He told me that he would perfect it once more and this time, he will.

As usual I was trapped in my bedroom, hoping that this nightmare would disappear. It took more time than usual this time. I stayed there for what it seemed like months. Finally, he took me out of my room ,did the same thing, felt the same sensation and this time , my whole body was affected.