III

III

"distraction is one of the keys to a sucessful magic trick."

↞↠

WE WERE ALL ON ARTHUR'S private jet on our way to France. My arm was positioned on the table and chin was pressed to my palm. My eyes were screaming in pain as I looked at the computer screen eyeing the red dot. The red dot represented our target, Etienne Forcier, who was in his office.

I groaned in frustration before lifting my body and dragged myself to the mini kitchen just behind the cockpit. Jack was adjacent from me, reading, 'French for dummies'. He gazed up to me and gave me a smile before continuing. As I walked, I gazed at what my other co-workers were doing. Danny was focused on his computer with a glass of water across him. He noticed me and gave me a small nod. He then turned looked behind his shoulder and scrunched his nose. Behind Danny were Merritt and Henley, who made the airplane filled with their laughter. Merritt was telling her dirty jokes and it was horrible. I shrugged it off and roamed to the tiny kitchen.

With 4 cans of Ginger Ale and a bowl of salad in my hands, I managed to walk back to my seat without dropping anything. I slouched on my chair and grabbed a can before gulping it all down.

"That's better." I placed the can of Ginger Ale on the table and stretched.

"Keep an eye on Etienne, Rae." Danny reminded me. I turned around and glared at him.

Jack laughed and sat across me.

"So he's still in his office?"

"The same bloody-"

"Bloody?"

My eyes widen.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath.

Through out the years I lived in Spain, I attended a British school there and picked up the British accent. It was what my mother spoke in. Once I moved to New York, I took up the American accent.

"I speak in a British accent with people I'm very comfortable with." I explained in the foreign language. The words rolled off my tongue in a way I haven't experience in a while.

His eyes twinkled. "Really?" I nodded. "You're very comfortable with me?" His signature smirk appeared after days of serious planning. It was great to see it again.

"I guess so." I shrugged. It wasn't really a big deal.

"I feel honored." He teased, placing his hand on his heart.

"Shut it Wilder." I rolled my eyes.

-

"Dibs on the master bedroom!" I leaped into the luxurious penthouse with my luggage trailing behind me and immediately dropped it once I got a good look of the hotel.

The hotel was absolutely stunning. 2 Marble columns welcomed us, revealing a huge living room with 4 brown colored sofas with a dining room attached on the right and a kitchen beside it and on the left was doors to our rooms. The balcony was my most favorite part. The balcony was huge with an outdoor pool and several chairs and table. The scenic view made all the hair on my body rise. It was the perfect angle to to gazing at the Eiffel Tower.