Divergent

I read the whole series before I watched any of the movies.

I love the series by Veronica Roth.

I watched the movie and I was disappointed. They left many important parts of the story that explained the story itself. Divergent it a completely better story than Hunger Games (some of u might disagree but this is just my opinion. I still love the Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins) and yet hunger games did a better job of following the book.

And yes I get that they had to trim and adapt the story to the time limit but this my thoughts. They could have done two parts to each book. More movies, more money. And they get everything in to explain. But decided to go through this path and disappointing many fans around the world. I get they couldn't leave a cliff hanger but deal with it, Star Wars, and Avatar fans r left at cliff hangers so u people can do it too! (I'm a Huge Avatar Fan and Star Wars. I know what a cliff hangar is especially with avatar. U have no Idea how much I want to see Avatar 2 in 2018).

SPOILERS AHEAD IF U HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK OR WATCHED THE MOVIE AND WANT TO I WARN U TO STOP READING HERE

•-• they left out the real scene that happened with tori and Beatrice before and after her aptitude test and left out the extra part of the aptitude test tori had to add that wasn't part of the real test.

•-• when Caleb says to make a choice that even if it disappoints others, to be selfish so they can be happy with their choice tomorrow at the choosing ceremony. How after he told her that didn't show how she saw the crammed books all over his room when she saw a sliver of it when he opened his bedroom door.

•-• How Eric showed up in the cafeteria when Tris first arrived at the Dauntless compound and how Four was unease by his presence.

•-• they should have left the Ferris wheel scene alone and not adapt it.

•-• the hilarious Four scene when Four's drunk near the chasm.

•-• they should have left the knife throwing scene alone, no adapting it at all.

•-• When Edward was stabbed in the eye bc Peter hates that he out-ranked him in the first stage. And after the scene when Edward decides to go factionless.

•-• when Uriah found her and invited her to come along after the Edward stabbed in the eye scene.

•-• left out the scene where Tris was In the training room with Uriah, and left Uriah just as a random character instead of showing a bit of importance showing that he develops later on in the series.

•-• They left out all lot of FourTris scenes that showed they would become a thing especially after Al committed suicide and after the second stage ranks were posted before she was attacked that night. They showed how FourTris would develop but in the movie it went from student to teacher relationship (no flirting) to a making out all of a sudden which makes no sense.

•-• multiple Fourtris scenes were left out, that disappointed me. And scenes that showed Tris' development through out the first book.

Conclusively the movie is rarely similar to the book, so u advice to have a better understanding of the characters and story read the book first.