Chapter 23

"Is he awake?"

"The question is where he is." Winchester interjected and they all looked around on the floor. Nothing. The blankets were messy and tangled up but no sign of him. "Are you sure he isn-" Eagle tripped as he approached to see if there was anything under the pile of blankets. A groan was heard when Eagle landed. But that sound did not come from Eagle himself. "F* you." A soft voice moaned in agony and Eagle was immediately shoved off. "So he was in the blankets all this time." Winchester muttered. Snake and Riptide were quick to tend to him. "Go away. I wanna sleep." Alex whined. They all blinked in surprise. Did the usually stoic teen just whine at them? He never complained, never whined. "Are you okay Cub?"

"Go away." Came the muffled reply.

"No, we are not going away until you tell us what is going on and what your injuries are!" Snake snapped. He didn't mean to get angry but they could all tell that their precious comrade is hurting himself with all this strenuous work. Snake bit his lip, feeling bad but he had to stand his ground. Alex pushed himself up into a sitting position, they dutifully noted that he was already dressed and ready to roll. He rubbed his eyes, half glaring at them. "I'm fine." He grounded out, he was done packing up and out the door before anyone could say anything. The two units and winchester chased after him, coming to a halt when they saw Alex kneeling down in front the sergeant's daughter. He was listening to her speak, swinging her arms around and giggling. "Daddy snored! It was so loud, like rawrrrrrr!" She screamed out to emphasis her point. 

"Okay okay kiddos, in the mess hall you go." the sergeant shooed playfully. Alex saluted him as a greeting before he nudged Helen to move when she refused to budge. She ran into the kitchen after making sure that Alex was right behind her following her.