give a little

Have you ever had that awkward breakfast where one of your family members had a little 'fun' and you got to meet the pony that they were with the night before?

Well, imagine that, except it was Ares bringing a back-alley pony back to the castle, that was what most of us were experiencing as we kept sneaking glances at this 'Berry Punch', who had her head on the table with a cup of tar like Aunty Luna had in her hoof.

Not looking up from my breakfast, I leaned toward Ares, muttering, "Where did you find this pony again, Ares?"

Ares leaned over with me. "Like I said, Candy, in a back alley in the middle of the night."

I looked over to him, scrunching my face at him in irritation, which he found hilarious for some reason. "Do I need to go with you everywhere too?" I asked him. "It's easy to see that you need two ponies watching you so you don't corrupt the other with your nonsense."

The human stuck his tongue out at me. "I love you too, Candy."

Shiny took a bleary-eyed sip of his coffee. "If you're going to announce your love to my wife, do it later in the day, Ares. I can't defend her honor this early in the morning."

Ares threw the stallion a wink before he started to rub the mystery pony's back. "Are you alright there, Berry?"

The mare looked up at him before she groaned. "Awwww!" She said, her head hitting the table with a thud.

I heard Aunty Celestia choke back a snort. "It seems that young Ares finds the most colorful of my little ponies," she said to Aunty Luna, who shrugged.

"We see nothing wrong with the mare," she said, taking a sip of her tar. "If anything, the way our subject takes her morning beverage shows her merit."

I heard Twilight cough awkwardly, getting everypony to look at her. "Well, as nice as...this," she waved her hooves around, "-has been; Berry, do you happen to have a way to get back to Ponyville?"

The mare responded with another groan, Twilight ready to say more when one of Aunty Celestia's guards walked toward her with a little unicorn filly in tow.

"Your majesty," he said, the two bowing. "This filly has been looking for her mother and said that she may be in your company."

The cute little filly looked up at Aunty Celestia, giving her the cutest little smile that I had ever seen. "Hello your Majesties!" She said, her voice cracking slightly.

Aunty Celestia smiled down at her while the rest of us cooed at the fillies adorableness. "Hello, little one," she said, the filly frowning.

"I'm not little..." she pouted, sitting on her rump and crossing her hoofs, which made Ares hold his heart, nearly falling out of his chair. "I got a train ticket all by myself to come to Canterlot to get my mommy and everything!"

She looked past Aunty to the hung-over pony, waving. "Hi mommy! I knew you'd be here!" She got up and showed us all her cutie mark, which was a pony-shaped black blob with a question mark right next to it. "It's my special talent to find lost ponies," she explained to us.

Aunty raised an eyebrow. "You came here all by yourself, little one?"

The filly got that adorable pouty face again. "Well... my other mommy Colgate came with me, but I found mommy first!"

Aunty looked at the guard, who nodded. "The filly speaks the truth, your Majesty."

"Then why did this Colgate not come with-"

"Berry Pinch," the filly supplied, Ares holding his chest again but this time falling out of his chair.

"-Berry Pinch?"