Chapter Eleven - Beach Date

"So, what's the plan?" Arthur asked his boyfriend. It was a bright sunny summer day, and Alfred seemed persistent on spending the day outside.

"Well, I was thinking since it's so warm outside, we could go down to the beach! It's not that far, and it won't be too crowded." Alfred chirped. Arthur couldn't help but smile at his child-like excitement.

"I guess so. But what would we do?" Arthur asked.
"Swim of course! Duh."
"You're acting like you're twelve."
"So what, Artie? It's nice to be able to relax and throw away being an adult for a day. Adulthood is boring."
"You've got a point." Arthur shrugged.
"Then, let's go!" Alfred grabbed Arthur's hand and started heading towards the beach.

~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~

The beach was nearly empty, just as Alfred predicted. A few people milled around here and there, but overall it was very quiet and peaceful. Alfred found a spot and laid out the towels on the warm sand, then stood up and looked at Arthur. He smiled brightly.

"So, you wanna go for a swim?" He chirped.
"Uh, sort of... I haven't gone swimming in a while."
"Did you forget how to swim?"
"No. I just... Don't like taking my shirt off." Arthur quivered. Alfred put his arm around him.
"It's okay. You don't have to if you don't want to."

Arthur stared directly into Alfred's blue eyes, the same colour as the ocean's water. He gulped nervously and subconsciously leaned in close to the prince's face, and they gingerly kissed. It was quick and short, but still there, in public for all eyes to see. Arthur pulled away, blushing profusely.
Before he managed to comprehend what exactly was happening, his boyfriend picked him up bridal style and ran into the ocean. Arthur screamed, wrapping his arms around Alfred's neck as they both plunged into the water.

~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~

The two sat on the beachside, watching everyone and everything around them.
"So." Alfred said out of nowhere.
"So what?" Arthur looked at him. Alfred was shirtless and still wet from swimming, his wheat blonde hair messy and damp.
"I dunno. I wanna know more about you. We really haven't talked too much about our pasts. You know all about me. I wanna know about you."

"Well, I'm from Great Britain. Grew up there with my three older brothers and my mum. Not much to it." Arthur hesitated. "My dad died from a heart attack when I was really young. I was about six, I think. I don't remember him very well."
Alfred sat there, listening patiently. His eyes were compassionate.
"I'm the youngest of four. It's kind of obnoxious, since you always feel like nobody will listen to what you say. So it's Sean, Alistor, Dylan and me. Sean got married a while ago, and he had a daughter with his wife just before I moved. Alistor was dating someone before I left, I believe they're still together."

Alfred nodded slightly. Arthur turned his attention to him.
"What about you?"
"Me? You already know more about me than my parents do. I've always been restricted by my royal status, I don't have many close friends, I survived depression, and don't even want to think about it anymore. I'm bisexual, I'm a prince, and I'm in love with a British boy named Arthur Kirkland."

Alfred leaned close to Arthur and kissed him.
Arthur smiled. "My god, why do you need to be so-"
"Hot? Irresistible? I don't know, I can't control it." Alfred joked. Arthur stared at him.
"I was going to say obnoxious, but sure. Whatever makes you happy."
Alfred laughed and kissed Arthur again as the sun began to set in the background.