Chapter Sixteen - A Happily Ever After

Alfred Jones rolled onto his side, narrowly avoiding crushing his husband. Arthur laid in the bed beside him, still sound asleep.
Alfred tried to carefully get up without disturbing him, but Arthur laid on top of his arm and wouldn't move. The sleeping Brit curled his arms around the prince's neck, clinging on to his lover subconsciously. Alfred smiled, stroking his husband's blonde hair with his free hand.

Arthur slowly opened his green eyes, looking up at Alfred with confusion and exhaustion.
"What-"
"Good morning. I've been trying to get out of bed for about five minutes, but you decided otherwise."
Arthur smiled, and put his head to Alfred's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. "I'd rather you stay here, with me."
"I promised I would, and I'd never go back on a promise to you." Alfred said softly, kissing his husband's forehead. Arthur raised his head and kissed him back, on the lips, soft yet passionate.

You could hear the rattling on the doorknob, the new butler trying desperately to get through the locked door to wake them up. "Your majesty?"

Alfred laughed softly, knowing the new guy wouldn't know what was going on. "I'm up, we're up-"
"Oh my, I'm sorry." The voice from the other side of the door said, before leaving.

Alfred sighed and flopped back on his bed, Arthur by his side. They both smiled at each other.
"Good morning, my prince."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is going to be the end of this book. Maybe if I get more ideas I'll find a way to continue it, but I had a great time writing this! By the time you'll be reading this, it will be about 20 weeks (roughly five months, although it only took me two months to write the book, most of the time is the update schedule) since I actually started writing the book, and I'm thrilled that I managed to finish the book, and that it came out as well as it did. At this time, I may be working on other books, so if you'd like to check them out you're welcome to. I'm always excited to see comments, and even the smallest thing can make my day. Thank you readers, and I hope you have a great day!

~Kaecatlongtail