Chapter 1

Rose's P.O.V

Boxes filled the hallway of Mum's seaside cottage as the removal men wandered in and out, picking up a box each time. The seagulls squawked overhead and the sea breeze ruffled my hair. I swallowed nervously, this was a big step for me as I'd never been away from my mum for more than 2 weeks and now I was moving out.

My mum and I were very close, she was probably my best friend as we did everything together.
"You okay?" Mum came over to me and rested a hand on my shoulder.
"I'm sure I will be once I've settled into my new flat, I'm going to miss waking up and having the sea on my doorstep." I tried to smile at her so that she wouldn't worry about me. Little did she know I felt like jelly inside, what if it all went wrong?
"Yes but just imagine the freedom, you won't have me nagging at you every 10 minutes." She laughed and tucked her brown, glossy hair behind her ear.
"You will visit won't you, Mum?" I frowned worriedly at her. She nodded and patted my shoulder,
"Well I'd better get back to work, only a few more boxes left and then you're off!" I watched her as she walked back inside. Misty, our cat, purred and wound herself around my ankles.
"I'll miss you too Misty, but don't worry I'll visit a lot." I bent down to stroke her and she meowed in appreciation.
"You're all done, darlin'" One of the removal men heaved the last box into the van and started the engine.

This was it. It was time to leave my past behind and start a new life in the busy city of London.