Chapter 3

Rose's P.O.V

It was the next day now and I was busy unpacking the boxes with the things in that I would need until I got properly settled in. I found the box labelled 'makeup' and decided to make an effort today.

I started off by blending a soft brown through my crease and then I placed a smokey black on the outer corner of my eye and blended that out. I picked a shimmery rose gold shade to cover the rest of my eyelid and finished it off with eyeliner, a sharp flick defining my eyes. I put a dark brown liquid lipstick on my lips and I was done.

*Knock knock* The removal men must've come back to bring more furniture although it was quite early in the morning, half past eight. I went downstairs and opened the door, it wasn't the removal men, it was a girl. Brown hair framed her pretty face, she had wide brown eyes and a huge, beaming smile.
"Hi, I'm Gabby! I just came to introduce myself, I would've come round yesterday but I had a friend round. I live nextdoor, flat number 24." She flashed a cheeky grin at me, I already liked her.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Rose! Thank you so much for visiting, I would invite you in for a cup of tea but my kettle hasn't arrived yet!" I returned her smile.
"It's fine, we could go to mine if you wanted?" I nodded and went to grab my phone and keys.

I clutched my stomach as it was hurting from laughing too much.
"Oh... My... God... I can't breathe, Gabby stop." Tears of laughter rolled down my cheeks. Nelly, Gabby's cat, came and plonked himself right on my face as I was lying on Gabby's sofa. This set Gabby off again, we'd become so close in such a short amount of time and I was so happy that I'd already made a friend.
"Anyway Gabs, I'd better get going, the removal men will be here soon and now my makeup's halfway down my face." I giggled,
"Well I should hope so otherwise you'd look pretty weird with just half a face of makeup on!" Gabby and I burst into fits of laughter again.