Chapter Three: Switching Sides

Many of these people were in face being interviewed even though the spotlight was on the Toronto Raptors. The three people who seemed to be rushing from person to person was LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, and Kevin Love. The big 3. I didn't want to shout to get anyone's attention so I just stood there reading my notes with my hand waving slowly through the air.
     Someone running over caught my attention. I took a step back and looked up, dropping my notes. I tripped over a water bottle and luckily landed in a chair. Kevin Love looked startled, probably because no one else here was falling over. He laughed and picked my book up for me.
     "I was hoping you'd fall for me," he said with a wink. I blushed and got back on my feet. He was absolutely gorgeous. He was 6'10" so he was taller than me which I can't say about many people. He had nice down hair that was pulled back by a headband, and he had a beautiful smile with perfect teeth. He had just enough scruff that grew from his tan skin.
     "So?" He asked. Oh my, he must have said something while I was daydreaming about his perfectness.
     "I'm sorry, I missed what you said," I politely said. He laughed again and reached for a towel that was behind me. He wiped off the sweat on his forehead and dropped the towel next to me.
     "I asked what team you were going for." Kevin explained. Great, that puts me on the spot. 
      "Well what am I supposed to say, standing in front of you?" I asked flirtatiously. He thought about that and smiled again. I could watch him smile all day long.
     "Well do you want me to be honest?" I gestured for him to keep going. "You're supposed to say you're going for Cleveland. Then you might get better answers out of me, and the likelihood that I fall in love with you gets bigger." He answered me. My face must've turned as bright as a tomato because he chuckled and took my phone from me. He seemed to be adding himself as a contact, the. He texted himself so that he could get my number.
      "Well I'm quite flattered, but I'd like to ask you a few questions," he handed my phone back to me and gestured for me to ask away.
     "What is it like to be in the NBA finals for 3 years in a row?"
     "Feels great, are you free for dinner tonight?" He winked as he said that. I blushed again and didn't know what to say.
     "Um, yes I am but another question, what do you think your team needs to work on the most to succeed in the finals?" I nervously responded.
     "I think we need to be smart about how we treat ourselves in between games. The restaurant I'm going to take you to has really good and healthy food. I've got to run right now but I'll call you tonight. How's 7?"
     "Wait, what?" I responded, I was confused, but I liked it.
     "I'll pick you up at 7, text me at sometime with your address. I'll see you later! And dress nicely." He kissed my check and grabbed a ball to start shooting around. I didn't even care about the Raptors anymore, I had a date with Kevin Love. Of course I finished my interview with both teams and headed home with a lot of information but all I could think about was him.