Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Hiccup's POV

        As we flew out to the sea to 'eat' I noticed that all the dragons from the sanctuary were following us. "Hey, I-I thought we were going to eat!" I asked slightly looking between my mother and my crush. But (Y/N) is also my best friend, so she's my best crush? I got snapped out of my thoughts when my mother responded back saying, "Oh, we are!" I continued to look forward as my face slightly burned from thinking about (Y/N). As Toothless stopped flying, he hovered above a darker patch of water. I looked down the water as the Bewilderbeast came up and a storm of fish appeared, as the food spewed out of its mouth. I smiled, astounded by the amazement as I looked over at (Y/N). She laughed as she nodded for (D/N) to go get as much fish as she wants. I dived down after her as she spoke up. "Hic. You and me we are having a fish race." She smiled at me waiting for a response. "A what?" I asked teasing her. "Odin, Hiccup! It's in the name. Just catch as many fish as you can." She said rolling her eyes. "Did you just roll your eyes at me, youn-" I said until I was interrupted with a "3 2 1 GO!" As she took off into the air with no heads up. I smirked and followed as she jumped off her dragon. Falling together, they grabbed fish that was in their way as she stuffed it in her Mood Dragons mouth. I got about 15 until I gave up. We flew to the nearest glacier and dropped the fish to the ground. "15." I Said. "HA! I got 20!" She said and did her little happy dance. "Well, I gave up." I said holding my hands up. "You keep telling yourself that but I just won cuz I'm simply better than you." She said with a small prideful smirk. "Mhm sure." I said crossing my arms with sarcasm dripping in my words. "You know it and you can't deny it!" She said as mom came over to us and laughed at our childish play. I felt my face burn as I noticed my mother saw everything. I looked over at (Y/N) and saw her blushing, too. Wait does she like me? I shook off the idea and decided to map out this place. I took out my journal and unfolded it to make a map. My mom came over as I started to explain it to her. "And from Dragon Island, I found this archipelago..." until I noticed that she wasn't standing behind me. I saw her drawing the map out in the snow. "Wow." I said as I saw her twist and turn like she was dancing. I see her stop and look up at me as I here ice break and I see Toothless trying to do the same. I hear (Y/N) slightly giggle and watch as Toothless sketch over her drawing. We mount our dragons as mom explains to us about the updraft that they like to just relax on. I watch as my mom dances around from dragon to dragon on their wings as if she has been doing this her whole life, like she can trust them with their life. Who am I kidding she's known them for 20 years. our dragons break away from the pack as we glide up to the clouds; mom on one side and (y/N) on the other. "oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel..." "Free." I said, finishing my mom's sentence. "This is what it's like to be a dragon, Hiccup." My mom says throwing her hands out to the side. "It's all well and good to call yourself a dragon. But can you fly?" I asked her unclipping myself. I jump off my dragon's side as the wind catches under as I glide along. I swiftly turn over as I see my mother gasping in awe and (Y/N) just plain smiling and yelling at me, "When did you make that?!" I chuckled and yelled back, "I can't remember!" I saw her giggle and her face burned as she put on a small smile. She looked friggin' cute in all but for some reason she just felt sad. I could see if in her eyes. I swiftly turn my body over as a mountain top fast approaches. "Oh no, Toothless!" I yell at my companion, knowing that he won't make it because of his tail wing. As Toothless scurries to me we end up crashing into the mountain. We roll down the hill and get devoured by snow. I jump out of the snow, my hands held high in the air yelling, "Ha! Woo-hoo! Man, almost! We just about had it that time, bud." I look over at (Y/N) and give her a small smile before my mom comes over. She examines my flight suit as she says, "oh incredible"
"Well, not that bad yourself." "all this time you took after me where was I-I'm so sorry Hiccup can we start over will you give me another chance I can teach you all that I've learned to these past 20 years like..." my mom massage Toothless's back which caused him to reveal his hidden extra dorsal fins. I gasped in amazement as I looked over at (Y/N) as she gasped. "this is a gift we share hiccup.  It bonds us this is who you are this is who we are we will change the world for all dragons we will make it a better safer place." I smile as she says that and agree with her "yeah that sounds amazing." I hug her and she hugs me. "this is so great now you and I can go talk to Drago with (y/n) together."
"what there's no talking to Drago
"but we have to-"
"no we must protect our own come on we should be getting back." Toothless grinned as he examined his fins again, looking back at me clapping his fins. We mounted our dragons and took off to the sanctuary.